DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UAV Forecast app

Mavic Mac

Reactions
I use the UAV Forecast app. It shows various information including a map of airports, national parks and DJI NFZ. Based on this app I was in an area where it was ok to fly. When flying my MA I use DJI Go 4 app. Neither one indicates that I am in a NFZ but looking at a sectional chart for the area it appears I am actually in a Class D airspace surface to 2700 feet. Has anybody else had a similar situation ?

Reactions: Droniac
No, but I don’t use UAV Forecast. You should also never rely on the DJI information to tell you where you can fly or not fly. They may be able to impose a NFZ on you but they, a Chinese company, are not the legal body regulating flights in any country other than China.

No, but I don’t use UAV Forecast. You should also never rely on the DJI information to tell you where you can fly or not fly. They may be able to impose a NFZ on you but they, a Chinese company, are not the legal body regulating flights in any country other than China.
They (DJI) probably aren’t the regulatory body in China either.

Reactions: Droniac
The *only* sure method of flight restrictions is by using the recommended app in that country or manually via NOTAMs and charts.
Ive yet to see a single 3rd party app (DJI, Airmap or other) that is anywhere near accurate enough to fly on.

I use the UAV Forecast app. It shows various information including a map of airports, national parks and DJI NFZ. Based on this app I was in an area where it was ok to fly. When flying my MA I use DJI Go 4 app. Neither one indicates that I am in a NFZ but looking at a sectional chart for the area it appears I am actually in a Class D airspace surface to 2700 feet. Has anybody else had a similar situation ?

Since it sounds like you may have inadvertently violated restricted airspace, you may want to consider filing a NASA report. ASRS - Aviation Safety Reporting System - Electronic Report Submission
I'm not certain if the form applies to drones, but I suspect it does. Certainly worth looking into.

Thankfully once I plotted my location exactly I am relieved to find I am outside the Class D airspace ?. Was positively a learning experience !

Hi! what about airports? because as it is set by default, and according to it I have nowhere to fly in Warwickshire (UK), however, I've seen people flying RC models on the Warwick Racecourse so i have no idea what to think: Were they flying against the law or my settings are just too strong? let say, my current NFZ is set like this:

Show Large airports: 10.0 miles
Show Medium airports: 7.5 miles
Show small airports: 5.7 miles
Show seaplane bases: 5.5miles
Show Heliports: 5.6 miles

Thanks for your help!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members