DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 UK Drone Show Live meet up at Chatterley Whitfield derelict Colliery - AIR3 and AVATA

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
A day out at the weekend to meet up with friends from the @DroneShowLive and 2 locations revisited for a flight, a return to a wet and windy Chatterley Whitfield Colliery and the stunning Mow Cop Castle - video to follow...

The footage captured with the AIR3 and AVATA of the derelict colliery being reclaimed by nature - despite the best efforts of the Chatterley Whitfield Heritage group - made me think of the lives of those who once worked in this busy colliery, thousands of hard-working folk, and this coloured the feel of the video, somewhat melancholy, looking back to the fading footsteps of the miners long past...

Colours have been largely left as natural as possible, with just the green knocked back a little in DaVinci Resolve as it was overpowering, and a light vignette applied...

I hope it is enjoyed...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well done miss, and the choice of solemn music for a decaying structure goes hand in hand.
If I may ask, what video editor are you using?
Thank you kindly... I'm using DaVinci Resolve - free version - its more than capable for what I need :)
Up to your usual excellent standards and a dadgum interesting structures.
Thank you... Just had an email from the Heritage Centre asking for a copy of the footage to play in the Visitor Centre - run by volunteers and open once a month...

Reactions: russpury
Another well-done video!

Perfect use of both bits of kit. Lovely sensitive film and nice appropriate words in your post. Great work.

• Love
Reactions: AlbionDrones
Perfect use of both bits of kit. Lovely sensitive film and nice appropriate words in your post. Great work.
Thank you kindly... We are off back there tomorrow for a tour, they are going to be showing the video in the visitor centre and hopefully we may be able to get some flying in a bit closer at some point too... fingers crossed...

Had a great tour, and have agreed to go back and fly the site in the autumn, when th foliage dies back, and to fly inside the buildings too... Going to be a busy day, but should be fun...

Very desolate place, the structure is getting rotten.
Yes... Access is no longer possible as it is soo dangerous, but kids still break in and climb, it is an accident waiting to happen...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916