DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

UK purchase

mavic53

Reactions
In upgrading to a MPP I used the eGlobalUK people . Total cost £793 which included insurance in case the product was lost. Compared to the DJI price a considerable saving by any standard . Delivery about a week and all contents perfect. First three flights all is well. It seems to be a bit quicker in descending than the MP and the start up is different otherwise picture wise pretty much the same.

Insurance if it got lost in the post or a flyaway?

Also, eglobal, don't they ship from China? If they do, you aren't able to have any warranty repairs in Europe.

Reactions: frogbmth
Insurance if it got lost in the post or a flyaway?

Also, eglobal, don't they ship from China? If they do, you aren't able to have any warranty repairs in Europe.

Correct no manufacturer warranty and no legal recourse under European consumer protection laws

I balance the warranty with the cost. Saving £50 through EGlobal would not have been a consideration. Saving £300 I thought was a good bet. Time will of course prove me right or wrong you are correct.

Yeah I think that’s fair, I am pretty sure you can still by Uk care refresh too, as long as people know the pros and cons they can decide if it makes it a good trade off or not to buy an import. I was tempted to buy one in Asia when I was on travels in December but in the end decided to buy in Europe. As you say, depends how much you can save Vs local offers

I bought my fly more combo for £780 back in September. Took the gamble of importing. Had the gimbal reset problem straight out of the box :eek:

Didn't bother me too much as I had insurance and knew I'd probably crash it sooner or later and have it replaced.

Imported the replacement (2 months later) for £605, no problems with this one.

I recently got the MPP from Gearbest for £690, which at over £400 cheaper than the retail price direct from DHJ I thought was a bargain. If you are importing and are worried about warranty, remember you can still buy UK DJI Care within 48 hours of activating

Hi I just ordered mine from tobydeals with a extra batt. Have had batts for my phantom 3 standard of them before with no problems just a bit of a wait for delivery but the saving is huge so fingers crossed it will all be ok. Can’t wait for delivery now

Hi I just ordered mine from tobydeals with a extra batt. Have had batts for my phantom 3 standard of them before with no problems just a bit of a wait for delivery but the saving is huge so fingers crossed it will all be ok. Can’t wait for delivery now
Very good deals here must remember that.

Yes you can still buy refresh in the U.K. for an overseas sourced drone to allow you to pay a reduced fee for a replacement refurbished drone if it goes wrong.

Am i right in thinking that refresh doesn't cover against what would be a warranty repair, rather only replaces it if it crashes?

The refresh is an extension that runs concurrently with DJI's existing warranty. It covers you for accidental mishaps including unexpected landing in water, which would not be covered under the normal warranty.

It won't cover you for a deliberate act of flying it into a wall or tree just to get a new drone! In most cases you do have to have the drone, so if it goes down in a deep lake and you can't recover it & the logs from the controller can't substantiate that it was an equipment error then they also won't replace it.

I recently purchased a MPP from 3DPRO-RC and it arrived was the UK version as indicated on the rear of the box, so as such would be looked after by the DJI Europe office. A reasonable saving over DJI too.

I was recently tempted by an offer on mpp from eglobal central also but was dubious so ordered a phone from them first to see how that experience went. DISASTER. Long story short they sent me the wrong phone and basically ignored me when contacted them about refund . Kept promising to send a courier to collect the phone but surprise surprise he never arrived. Thankfully I paid via PayPal so raised issue with them and only then did the issue get resolved and I got my refund. Will not be taking the chance on ordering a drone from them or anything else for that matter.

I was recently tempted by an offer on mpp from eglobal central also but was dubious so ordered a phone from them first to see how that experience went. DISASTER. Long story short they sent me the wrong phone and basically ignored me when contacted them about refund . Kept promising to send a courier to collect the phone but surprise surprise he never arrived. Thankfully I paid via PayPal so raised issue with them and only then did the issue get resolved and I got my refund. Will not be taking the chance on ordering a drone from them or anything else for that matter.
This thread has since thrown up a few other places which are as good if not better than EGlobal which is good to know

Reactions: Whack
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661