DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to download video from Drone

Zeke

Reactions
Seems like it's always something... :confused:

Trying to download video from the card in the drone into the DJI GO 4 app on my phone using the tether between the phone and controller, and while I can download pictures, I get this message when I try to download any of the videos.
ScreenHunter 47.png
I haven't changed any of the video settings in the drone so I don't understand what's going on. I also tried connecting the drone to the controller via USB and connecting my phone to the controller via USB with the same results.

I pulled the card and downloaded the files to my computer, then moved them to my phone, and they all play fine. The problem is I wanted to edit them in the DJI app, and I can't figure out what folder in the DJI app should contain the files. As a result, the editor program can't find the videos. I'm about out of ideas here.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or where to stow the files so the DJI editor can find them?

The problem is the connection you use. This is simply not able to handle the data amount for the bigger files, so to get the files on your phone, you need to follow the instruction as given in the message . Connect the drone through USB with your phone or take the card.

I am not 100% sure, but as far as I remember, the DJI editing tool uses files stored in the "DJIRECORD" recordfolder (in the DJI/dji.go.V4 folder). BUT I am not sure if the app is able to handle to amount of data involved in editing the big files.
I strongly adice you to use editing software on your computer (for mac, iMovie will bring you pretty far to begin with). It is easier to handle the data amount and it makes editing much more comfortable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada