DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unable to install latest DJI FLY Ver. 1.5.9 apk file

fguthrie

Reactions
I'm not sure where to go from here, so I thought I would reach out. I downloaded the latest apk file from the DJI site and attempted to install it on my Samsung Galaxy S10+. After doing so, the install application stops working immediately. I tried uninstalling the earlier version of the DJI Fly app and then installing - same issue. I also thought maybe the file was corrupt, so I deleted the apk file, downloaded it again and I am getting the same result. I also tried rebooting my phone, to clear out the cob webs and then tried to install it ... same issue.

I'm feeling like "something" is blocking the installation, but I have no clue what that might be.

Any thoughts you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Frank

Was the previous App version working for you? If so what was it, is there something in 1.5.9 that you seek? If not and nothing else works I would be inclined to reinstall the old version.
My Mavic Mini flies perfectly well on pre 1.2 versions of the App. And my Mini 2 on 1.3.

Reactions: fguthrie
This turned out to be a little interesting, but very fixable. One note, I have version 1.5.9 installed on my Smart Controller and wanted to match that version on my cell phone. So unless I had to, I really did not want to downgrade to a lower version. Although the application would not install by directly clicking on the APK file, I was able to download a "Split APK Installer" and install the DJI FLY application though it. The application prompted me to go to settings and enable "install from unknown location" (i.e. not the Play Store). Once I did that the application installed fine. That is why the application would not install initially by simply clicking on the APK file.

I thought I would update this thread in case someone else came along with the same issue.

Last edited:
Updating triggered by the app itself worked for me without any problems on a Samsung S20.

I have a related problem with the DJI fly app. I have installed the latest version (1.5.9) on my phone & it still tells me there is a later version when I open the app. I have undeleted previous version, downloaded again with same result. Anyone have a similar experience? Using Samsung Galaxy A31.

I have a related problem with the DJI fly app. I have installed the latest version (1.5.9) on my phone & it still tells me there is a later version when I open the app. I have undeleted previous version, downloaded again with same result. Anyone have a similar experience? Using Samsung Galaxy A31.
1.5.10 came out today

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie