DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Unflyable and video is unusable

ChuckTuna

Reactions
I've had this Mavic air a year and a half (less if you count pandemic time).
It all started perfect, flew perfect, recorded perfect, transmission was perfect.

One day it started messing up the transmission from time to time but the video recordings were ok, so I thought maybe it was some interference even though I was well away from any building or city.

Next time, along with the transmission problems, RC started to disconnect randomly. Not even far way, just hovering there in front of my face. I would turn it off, and on and it would be ok again.

Then it would just be all at once, trash transmission, random disconnects, and then I started to notice even the recorded videos were bad, like 1fps, bad resolution, even directly to internal storage.

It was under warranty then so I took it in and they apparently fixed it, said they just re-installed the firmware and everything was okay.

It worked for a bit and now it's doing the same again. I'm at a loss.

I've tried every recommendation I've seen on forums:

-Different cable
-Different phone
-Different SD / No SD
-Different battery
-Straight to phone
-Using DJI Assistant to refresh FW (only option I get, I can't seem to be able to downgrade) on AC and RC.

Am I missing something? Is my drone just bad? Any ideas?

Reactions: sharkface
I am using a very cheap tablet. I mean it was a junk free from sprint beater!! it was horribly glitchy! I removed all programs off of it . now if I don't spin the mavic pro. too fast in sport mode.. it stays very stable! even does great!!.. . did you fill up your device with all kinds of programmes in between?

I am using a very cheap tablet. I mean it was a junk free from sprint beater!! it was horribly glitchy! I removed all programs off of it . now if I don't spin the mavic pro. too fast in sport mode.. it stays very stable! even does great!!.. . did you fill up your device with all kinds of programmes in between?
Yeah, the device is definitely not the problem. The fact that the recorded video on the internal storage is just as bad as what's shown in the monitor kinda rules it out.
And I said I tried with different devices including a tablet and a phone that were completely wiped just for this.

Yeah, the device is definitely not the problem. The fact that the recorded video on the internal storage is just as bad as what's shown in the monitor kinda rules it out.
And I said I tried with different devices including a tablet and a phone that were completely wiped just for wow

And I said I tried with different devices including a tablet and a phone that were completely wiped just for this.
wow! seems like there must be some major noise in the whole thing? I have read somewhere that batteries not making full contact can cause fuzz too? maybe it sat too long? light corrosion? hope it's a cheap easy fix for you!

Reactions: ChuckTuna
wow! seems like there must be some major noise in the whole thing? I have read somewhere that batteries not making full contact can cause fuzz too? maybe it sat too long? light corrosion? hope it's a cheap easy fix for you!
Yeah, maybe. I'm this close to opening it up and checking connections for corrosion or dust. I actually haven't even used it that much. Thanks for the good vibes.

Reactions: sharkface
When you say “using DJI Assistant to refresh FW”.
Do you mean “DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic” ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S