DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Updates.

KingRat

Reactions
This might sound stupid, but how do you know when there is an update needed? I still don't really understand how the telepathy between the helicopter, controller and screen tablet works.

My tablet is the Hawawei M5 8", it fits perfectly in the Air controller arms using the cable into the middle between them. It does NOT have a sim card.

I turn the helicopter on. Then the screen, then the controller. After a minute or so the lights go green on the controller and helisopter and the screen says 'go fly'. Where do you get the updated changes from please? I can't remember how I got the screen to work with the DJI go$ on it, so much has gone through my head since, what with flying settings, camera settings, flying tips, editing requirements and the woes that caused.... and I still can't get a picture into the editing program.

Does the controller update it automatically? If so, how does it get there if I don't have a sim card? It is all a bit smoke and mirrors to me.

Which drone are you using? If it is a recent one all you have to do is to make sure your tablet or phone or whatever you're using is periodically connected to the internet via Wi-Fi. When it is connected, power up your drone and remote, start your drone application, go to "about" menu and check for updates. If there any, you will be notified and will have the option to install them right away. This will update the firmware on your drone, your remote and the battery you have currently installed in your drone.

So I need to fire it all up at home in range of the internet box.. Thanks.

Would you also change batteries and do it again, in case it is for the battery? Or will it tell you if it is a battery upgrade when it says to.

Power up with all your batteries to be sure they get updated in the event the firmware includes updates for them. It won't tell you outright otherwise. I would even suggest restarting the app as I have seen a delay in being told the battery needs an update.

You can also use Assistant on your PC to update the AC and RC.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Power up with all your batteries to be sure they get updated in the event the firmware includes updates for them. It won't tell you outright otherwise. I would even suggest restarting the app as I have seen a delay in being told the battery needs an update.

You can also use Assistant on your PC to update the AC and RC.

What do you mean by 'restarting the app' please? I turn the tablet off every time I use it. I only use it for a flying screen, nothing else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair