DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgrade to Mavic 2 or wait for the 3

Kilboar

Reactions
My fellow Mavic Pro pilots, would you upgrade to a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom or are you just going to hold out for the next Mavic 3?

I’ve almost pulled the trigger many times on a new or even used M2Pro but keep holding out for one reason or another.
I’m a recreational user and really not flying much unless I’m traveling and in a new area. To the point that I’m perpetually in a some what learning phase.

My fellow Mavic Pro pilots, would you upgrade to a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom or are you just going to hold out for the next Mavic 3?

I’ve almost pulled the trigger many times on a new or even used M2Pro but keep holding out for one reason or another.
I’m a recreational user and really not flying much unless I’m traveling and in a new area. To the point that I’m perpetually in a some what learning phase.
I believe there is no single answer to this dilemma to fit all. The question to buy in this situation is based on conjecture and wishful thinking.
I went through this issue a year ago, waiting for the mythical M3. I finally decided to keep my MPP, but go ahead and buy an M2P. I have no regrets. The M2P far exceeds the capabilities of the MPP, and opens up a whole host of filming opportunities. That’s my experience.

I just sold my MAVIC 2 PRO for 1100 U.S. dollars. I did this because i switched to the Air2S. For what I do and for what you probably do, the Air2S is a better option than a Mav2Pro. The pro can't zoom on the fly, but the air 2 S can. If your a recreational user, you will want to zoom in on stuff, i would bet. As a recreational user, the Air2S fits my needs much more than the Mav 2 pro did. The air2s handles wind very well, nearly as well as the m2p. It also handles low light conditions because it's sensor is the same size as the M2P. I didn't want to wait for a MAVIC3 so I traded to the Air2s. I love it. It's smaller, quieter, less obtrusive and people barely notice you or it. They think it's just a toy drone, but it's really not.

Last edited:
I believe there is no single answer to this dilemma to fit all. The question to buy in this situation is based on conjecture and wishful thinking.
I went through this issue a year ago, waiting for the mythical M3. I finally decided to keep my MPP, but go ahead and buy an M2P. I have no regrets. The M2P far exceeds the capabilities of the MPP, and opens up a whole host of filming opportunities. That’s my experience.

Thanks. I figure once the M3 comes out the M2Pro will be even cheaper.

I just sold my MAVIC 2 PRO for 1100 U.S. dollars. I did this because i switched to the Air2S. For what I do and for what you probably do, the Air2S is a better option than a Mav2Pro. The pro can't zoom on the fly, but the air 2 S can. If your a recreational user, you will want to zoom in on stuff, i would bet. As a recreational user, the Air2S fits my needs much more than the Mav 2 pro did. The air2s handles wind very well, nearly as well as the m2p. It also handles low light conditions because it's sensor is the same size as the M2P. I didn't want to wait for a MAVIC3 so I traded to the Air2s. I love it. It's smaller, quieter, less obtrusive and people barely notice you or it. They think it's just a toy drone, but it's really not.

Interesting. I’ve never really looked at them but a friend has a smaller DJI (not sure which one) and I was surprised how well it flew and took the wind.

The Air 2S is a fine alternative to the Mavic 2 pro+$600 less.Buy 1 and if you lust for the Mavic 3 sell the 2S and all your dreams will come true?

I’m waiting on the 3 even though I have a 2 zoom.

Reactions: edgardcafe
I’m waiting on the 3 even though I have a 2 zoom.
I'm waiting for the mavic 3, I actually sold my Mavic 2. I have a feeling, this could be the year DJI releases it. I say this because it released the Air2S which is almost equal to a Mavic 2 Pro. Most people will buy the Air 2S over the M2P at this moment in time. The Air2S 5.7k compared to the 4k of the M2P. The A2S' aperture may be fixed, but that's virtually the only difference. I can't see spending the money on a new M2P while the Air2S is out there and that there is a possibility of the Mav3 being released this year. I hear it will likely cost over 2000 US dollars.

Reactions: Kilboar
wait mate deffo, just sold my 2 and bought an air 2s sick of waiting and it is on par with the 2 but i will be having a 3 on pre order and it will be out this year

wait mate deffo, just sold my 2 and bought an air 2s sick of waiting and it is on par with the 2 but i will be having a 3 on pre order and it will be out this year
Wait. Are you mocking me or are you saying that you did what I did and are actually waiting to pre-order a mav 3 this year? I sold my Mav2P because I just liked the features on the Air2S better, it was relatively low cost, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get the price I wanted for my M2P, if or when the Mav3 is released.

It depends if you have patience then wait if not buy ether one I my self have the zoom and love it my wife has the pro 2 both are great drones.
If you have the money, I'd go for the Mavic 2 Pro and not worry about the future. If you don't have the money, I guess I'd get the Mavic Air 2 although I never owned one (did own Air 1). I have a Mavic 2 Pro and love it.

Upgrade to the Air 2S for the interim, then consider the Mavic 3 when and if it comes out for a better than a expected price :).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair