DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Upgraded today: Mavic Pro to Air 2S w/ RC Pro ... Any Tips?

PalmettoAerial

Reactions
Happy to get a 1" sensor. I loved the original Mavic but I saw some limitations pretty early on. I think I bought that in 2017 and its been a while since I have fired up the Mavic... looking for any tips or suggestions as I get ready to fly the Air S2. It gets here Friday. Thanks!

Also - hows the bag? Should I start looking for a case?

The bag leaves a lot to be desired imo. Depending on your needs, your case selection may vary. I have both a hard case and a travel case.

My Softcase/Carry Bag:

My Hardcase (I use the non-rc pro version):

Lots of great options out there!

EDIT: Would recommend looking into a decent set of ND-Filters as well since there isn't an adjustable aperture. Polar pro and freewell make great products.

Happy to get a 1" sensor. I loved the original Mavic but I saw some limitations pretty early on. I think I bought that in 2017 and its been a while since I have fired up the Mavic... looking for any tips or suggestions as I get ready to fly the Air S2. It gets here Friday. Thanks!

Also - hows the bag? Should I start looking for a case?
The Air 2s is about as perfect as you can get. Its good in the wind, takes great photos and video, plus has software with just about all of the bugs worked out. At this point the Air 2s flies more confidently than the Mavic 3.

You will have to tweak all of the advanced flight settings to get nice smooth footage. You can smooth the gimbal, change the way pitch & yaw work for all flight modes. Expo can be changed to alter how the stick inputs from the remote work.

The included case works fine if you don't carry anything more than the base kit. Its small and portable which has some advantages for travel. If you are a gear hound then it will be too small.

The Fly More kit comes with ND filters. They should be all you need unless you are doing specialty shots. Slowing the shutter speed with a filter really only helps when shooting video down low near the ground. Up high everything is in focus anyway. I did add CPL to my kit..... I use my drones around water all the time and use the polarizer to reduce glare and to even look underwater. Polarized lenses like CPL are best used sparingly and need to be adjusted correctly to work.

I made the jump from the MPP to the 2s a short time ago and could not be happier!

As for the bag that comes with the kit I have found it to work well so far. I can keep the drone, the RC Pro remote, and 3 batteries in the bag without an issue (1 battery on the drone, 2 to the side).

The biggest change/adjustment you will have to undergo is dealing with the new app for flights. However, after using it for a short bit I find it to better than the app used with the MP(P). Settings are all very easy to adjust with just a tap to access as needed.

Now I just have to find a few moments to list and sell my 'old' MPP.

Reactions: PalmettoAerial
Biggest thing coming from the Mavic Pro will be the adjustment to the Fly App. Most of the stuff is still there, but slightly different. Some of the things (like moving the gimbal sideways via touch screen, boxing a POI) and such are new, and if you aren't used to them, you might forget them and the documentation isn't great. Read the manuals and watch some videos so you don't miss out on capabilities.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3