DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use drone for Fireworks

Mauro Massari

Reactions
Hey what do I have to do to be able to fly at night my drone and film the fireworks in the sky.

All the best.

Makesure your familiar with the area your going to fly in I.e no cables, or unexpected objects that could quickly end your daring quest , I to will be filming all the fireworks etc tonight in wales, United Kingdom but I’ve flown in the area I will be taking of in on many occasions and know it’s 100% safe, one thing I would say is don’t be nervous as you can over compensate in a simple situation just treat your flight as any other normal daytime flight and get some great footage

Reactions: BMW Z4
I often help out a pyro company and the best thing to do is talk to them earlier in the day just at setup, and offer to give them a copy of the video or shots. Just approach slowly and get their attention, do not go near the fireworks please as there are wires everywhere. For good shots you need to be around 300+ metres away from the firing location, too close and it cuts off the explosion.

I hope to get some video next month and will post it, being taking photos for a few years and drones are new to me.

That is misleading. First he needs an Repl and then he has to find a commercial organization who will take him under their wing, just to shoot some fireworks!
For all non RePL holders you cannot fly at night.

The original question was "what do I have to do to be able to fly at night my drone and film the fireworks in the sky." so you have answered that question quite thoroughly :)

how close would u need to be to get decent footage? with the 4.3mm lens of the mavic thats almost fisheye wide, u would need to be pretty close i would think. this dude looked pretty darn close,,,,,

Reactions: David S
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser