DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Use on screen controls when phone is connected to RC Controller

simmo35

Reactions
My question is: is there some way to have access to on-screen (virtual) joysticks when an iPhone is (cable) connected to the RC controller?

I'm trying to find an option for people with disability to have full operation of a DJI drone. For many people with disability their ability to use a mouse is quite straightforward, and iOS allows Bluetooth mouse input. I have successfully operated a DJI drone using mouse input to control the on-screen controls when connected to the drone over Wi-Fi, but these controls are made unavailable when connected via the RC controller on both the DJI Go 4 and the Litchi apps. The Wi-Fi connection method is better than nothing but the fact that flight is limited to 50m up and 80m horizontal is a massive downgrade in user experience compared to what these drones are capable of.

I have a Mavic Pro (v1) that I'm using for testing.

Is anyone aware of a 3rd party app that provides the functionality I'm after, or a way to reconfigure the DJI or Litchi apps? Or a different drone that can do this?

I think the sdk example app has what you looking for. At least last time I looked.
The function with wifi is not supported on later drones. It's a hacky thing they did for a while.

Don't mix up virtual joystick with virtual sticks.
The only way to control the drone through sdk is in virtual stick mode. The virtual joysticks sends data to virtualstick interface.
I've done a prototype where you can control a drone in a web-browser. There must be something similar, since it quite easy to do.
I don't think litchi support this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada