DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using a mini 3 pro in Turkey

Carlos F

Reactions
Hi,

Im going to Turkey soon from the UK and wanted to know about using a sub 250g drone there.

I have a mini 3 pro and haven’t got any use of it outside of the UK yet.

I was going to take it to Morocco but found out that was a problem.

Can anyone advise me on this please?

Thanks

Follow Post #2

Reactions: sarahb
I would certainly do my research before flying in Turkey. You may loose your drone and get arrested

Reactions: Mrktn
Hi,

Im going to Turkey soon from the UK and wanted to know about using a sub 250g drone there.

I have a mini 3 pro and haven’t got any use of it outside of the UK yet.

I was going to take it to Morocco but found out that was a problem.

Can anyone advise me on this please?

Thanks
No matter when the size only citizens are allowed to fly drones after certifying.
I already looked into it
It could be confiscated at customs

So taking a drone in to Turkey is risky?? I tried looking up the regs before but couldn't find a solid answer.

What is the point in having a drone when you cant use it anywhere but home country?

So taking a drone in to Turkey is risky?? I tried looking up the regs before but couldn't find a solid answer.

What is the point in having a drone when you cant use it anywhere but home country?
I feel your pain! Totally agree. On June 29th,2024, I am traveling through Istanbul on my way to a photo workshop featuring drone photography in Kyrgystan. My connection is in Istanbul. On the way to the capital (Bishkek) I am staying in Istanbul overnight. I must pass through customs and they will confiscate my drone! Because of this, I am shipping my drones (Mini 2 and Mavic 3) to the tour operator who will be flying directly to Bishkek, Kyrgystan. I looked into it thoroughly and even wrote to the CAA (aviation) in Istanbul MANY time and even tried to call, but they never answered me! Their web site states than ONLY Turkish citizens can qualify for flying a drone!

Welcome to this crappy no fly drone world.
As a partial defense of Turkey, drones are becoming a major warfare force by Ukraine, Russian, Houties, Israelis, and others such as Iran, and these countries are becoming very skittish about drones. We. drone hobbyists have to suffer the consequences.!

I have already written in this forum about having my Mini 2 confiscated in Nairobi last October. It took me three hours to get it back at a different terminal in Nairobi when I left the country and to pay storage on top of everything else.

I would not advise taking a role of any weight to Turkey. If you do not believe me, Google "flying a drone in Turkey."

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54