DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using internal memory

Lhemmerich

Reactions
When I am recording , files go to the external memory..... how can I start recording on internal memory and when fill continue to external?

Maybe you cannot...what is internal used for?

Internal used for processing data the aircraft sends to external memory. Also for calculation on position, home point, battery required to get back home, stuff like that. External memory used for your pictures, videos, flight log files, etc. Your external memory fills in a hurry. A video eats up 2GB of memory in a hurry. Pictures in jpg or RAW are also memory hogs, not as bad a video though.

The M2 has 8 Gigs of internal storage. This can be used for saving video and photos.

You can choose to store images on the internal or external memory in the black drop down menu that pops up when you connect and the craft is ready to take off. (You need to scroll down.. It's somewhere near the bottom).

If you choose to use the internal memory, the craft won't switch to external if it should fill up. You have to do this manually. (This also applies to external memory. It won't automatically switch to internal).

I never use the internal memory. But, some day, if I should forget to pack memory cards when I head out somewhere to fly. I'll have the internal memory as a backup. (I actually did forget to take cards along with me on one trip I took with my old Phantom 4).

Reactions: Lhemmerich
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redulus