DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Using Litchi beta with M2P *and* Mavic Mini (of course one at a time)?

vindibona1

Reactions
Democratic Peoples Republic of Crook County
I purchased the Litchi app about a week or so ago for my M2P and find it to be incredible. I don't intend to use it as my "default" control app, but LOVE that Litchi is not only able to plan missions from home but actually previewing the flightpath in Google Earth before heading out, giving me greater confidence that I've set it up correctly.

Litchi has invited me to download the beta that accomodates the Mini, but I'm told that I have to delete the paid version and install the beta version of Litchi so I can use it on my Mini. Litchi would still be used primarily with my M2, and I ancitipate more occasional use with the MM. Will there be any disadvantage or fewer features (for my M2P) if I used the beta version for the Mini?

Are there any other folks using Litchi for both M2 and MM who can comment?

Bump?

I have a iOS phone and purchased Litchi. The phone binds to controller but will not bind to the drone. I have made sure no other programs are running except for litchi. Any one else have this issue and if so how to resolve it

I'm new to the world of DJI and drones and just bought a Mavic Mini to discover the DJI Fly app isn't supported on my phone. Did Litchi give a timeline for general release for the new version that supports the Mini? I tried the version that's currently on the play store with a Moto G5 (android 8.1.0) and it wouldn't detect the controller or drone, had to refund it before the time expired

I'm new to the world of DJI and drones and just bought a Mavic Mini to discover the DJI Fly app isn't supported on my phone. Did Litchi give a timeline for general release for the new version that supports the Mini? I tried the version that's currently on the play store with a Moto G5 (android 8.1.0) and it wouldn't detect the controller or drone, had to refund it before the time expired

As far as a timeline for release, it wouldn't be possible to give one per say. The reason for a beta is to test and adjust bugs and to tweak features. That data is analyzed over a certain time I guess, but even then the adjustments to fix bugs and errors will result in subsequent beta versions to test as well.

Can't help you with your phone issue, I learned years ago flying a P3P that Apple was the way to go with DJI. They just work :p But I am a daily Android user for everything else. :)

As far as a timeline for release, it wouldn't be possible to give one per say. The reason for a beta is to test and adjust bugs and to tweak features. That data is analyzed over a certain time I guess, but even then the adjustments to fix bugs and errors will result in subsequent beta versions to test as well.

Can't help you with your phone issue, I learned years ago flying a P3P that Apple was the way to go with DJI. They just work :p But I am a daily Android user for everything else. :)

Yep, understandable. Some software development teams give a projected release date after a period that the beta is available. Guess not here. I'll have to be patient :)
I've signed up for the android beta. I'll report back on how well it works with that model and android version.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I've an iPhone 6S somewhere with a cracked screen. Might be a good cause to repair it and have it as a controller only phone Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3