DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Vehicle charger for Mavic Air 2?

timothy

Reactions
I have the fly more combo and I just tried plugging in the AC charger into my vehicle's AC plug and charging with the 3 battery charger and it worked. However I noticed there is an DC version of the adapter. Because I want to be cautious with these batteries, I am wondering if the DC vehicle charger has more protection in it for power fluctuations and if I would be better off getting one of those for car charging or if the AC adapter filters enough even for a vehicles AC plug? I have a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Thanks!

Tim

I have the fly more combo and I just tried plugging in the AC charger into my vehicle's AC plug and charging with the 3 battery charger and it worked. However I noticed there is an DC version of the adapter. Because I want to be cautious with these batteries, I am wondering if the DC vehicle charger has more protection in it for power fluctuations and if I would be better off getting one of those for car charging or if the AC adapter filters enough even for a vehicles AC plug? I have a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

Thanks!

Tim
The vehicle’s square wave a/c output, when using the vehicle’s inverter, should have no effect on the Mavic Air 2’s intelligent battery circuits.

I can’t speak for the quality of the automotive charger being sold ar the DJI store, but beware with some of the dual battery automotive chargers being sold thru Amazon. The Amazon unit I purchased uses a soft rubber mating plug for the Mavic Air 2 batteries, and if care is not taken, these plugs can be inserted backwards onto the batteries. The plugs are correctly molded to conform to the “key” on the rectangular battery slot, but since the plug housings are made from soft rubber, it would be easy to plug the batteries in backwards (Yikes!).

Reactions: MA2 317
The vehicle’s square wave a/c output, when using the vehicle’s inverter, should have no effect on the Mavic Air 2’s intelligent battery circuits.

I can’t speak for the quality of the automotive charger being sold ar the DJI store, but beware with some of the dual battery automotive chargers being sold thru Amazon. The Amazon unit I purchased uses a soft rubber mating plug for the Mavic Air 2 batteries, and if care is not taken, these plugs can be inserted backwards onto the batteries. The plugs are correctly molded to conform to the “key” on the rectangular battery slot, but since the plug housings are made from soft rubber, it would be easy to plug the batteries in backwards (Yikes!).

Your response makes me feel more comfortable about using the AC adapter in the car. It was convenient to charge the batteries during my 1 hour drive to another location. If I do end up getting the DC adapter I will be careful to get the DJI version and confirm it isn't easily possible to reverse the connector before using it. Thanks for the response! Much appreciated!

I too haved used an ac adaptor in my car for several hours with no issues charging.

Reactions: MA2 317
Hello:

We camp for long periods in a 4x4 expedition truck and have found that running AC devices via inverter uses about 20 - 50% more stored energy than a dedicated 12 volt device for the same purpose. Thus we have two of the DJI car chargers and use them frequently. Very happy with their performance.

We bought the second to charge multiple batteries quickly as a single charger with hub really only charges 1 battery at a time - very efficiently selecting the battery with highest level to charge first but two chargers will get two batteries completely charged in about half the time.

Howard Snell

Hello:

We camp for long periods in a 4x4 expedition truck and have found that running AC devices via inverter uses about 20 - 50% more stored energy than a dedicated 12 volt device for the same purpose. Thus we have two of the DJI car chargers and use them frequently. Very happy with their performance.

We bought the second to charge multiple batteries quickly as a single charger with hub really only charges 1 battery at a time - very efficiently selecting the battery with highest level to charge first but two chargers will get two batteries completely charged in about half the time.

Howard Snell
Hi Howard thank you for the Info on Car Chargers from DJI,,,, I have been looking for a Car Charger for My Mini-2 which has 3 batteries. Can you tell me the Item # on the DJI Store?? . All the ones I have seen on the DJI Store will only charge One Battery at a time and it would be nice to charge at least 2 at a time in the Car while driving... Ron (State of Maine and AZ)

Hi Howard thank you for the Info on Car Chargers from DJI,,,, I have been looking for a Car Charger for My Mini-2 which has 3 batteries. Can you tell me the Item # on the DJI Store?? . All the ones I have seen on the DJI Store will only charge One Battery at a time and it would be nice to charge at least 2 at a time in the Car while driving... Ron (State of Maine and AZ)
Hello Ron:

I apologize for causing confusion. The two 12v chargers we use will only charge one battery at time, but using two lets us charge batteries twice as fast as using one. We use two hubs as well so that each charger can have three batteries ready for sequential charging. While we're only using the DJI chargers, others here on the forum appear very happy with some of the third party chargers that can actually charge multiple batteries simultaneously.

Howard

Ahhhh....ok my misunderstanding... I also have seen those 3rd party chargers and apparently
they do a good job and come with 2 connection tabs for 2 batteries at a time. They plug
directly into the battery without using the charger hub. Thank you for your reply to my Question...Ron

The DJI car charging cord is inexpensive and works well. I use it often.

I have also used an inexpensive power inverter, but if I leave it plugged into the car over night, I have to use a battery charger to start the car.

Reactions: flycajun
Slight thread hijack...I'm planning to charge myMavic Air 2 batteries via car charger but from my boat's battery. It's a 800 cca deep cycle battery. I should not expect to deplete my entire boat battery capacity from one charge cycle (three batteries, ~20% charge remaining) should I?

Thnx! Great info here as always...

Scott

Slight thread hijack...I'm planning to charge myMavic Air 2 batteries via car charger but from my boat's battery. It's a 800 cca deep cycle battery. I should not expect to deplete my entire boat battery capacity from one charge cycle (three batteries, ~20% charge remaining) should I?

Thnx! Great info here as always...

Scott

Usually your deep cycle battery is lots more amp-hours than the drone batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21