DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Very strange log...

hedbonker

Reactions
Many times - Not every flight but about half of them I would say, I will get a 1 second log that indicates basically nothing. On airdata.com it shows a home point nowhere near where the actual home point is located. It's not really an issue just very strange - Anyone else see anything like this? An example log is attached.

Once more with feeling (zipped this time)

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2023-10-01_[07-28-28].txt.zip
    1 MB · Views: 19
I am using the auto upload feature but the file also appears on my fone in the files section for the DJI app and it's identical. Indeed it occurs mid flight. Very strange...

I am using the auto upload feature but the file also appears on my fone in the files section for the DJI app and it's identical. Indeed it occurs mid flight. Very strange...
Did you fly that flight using the phone?
If not, the data from that flight was only partially uploaded to DJI and that's why you only see a part of it on the Phone and Airdata.
The autoupload doesn't always work properly.
Try synching manually.

I get something similar but with the .DAT flight logs not the .txt flight logs.In my case the small, second file is almost always from the start of the recording.
I use multiple phones and I don't keep the smaller DAT but I get the impression this happens on certain phones and only on those phones. The others record just one .DAT.

That is quite strange since the phones are all Samsung S6, though there are different memory sizes. I am not bothered by this peculiarity so I have not investigated the matter further.

If an Android phone it might be worth trying a different version of the App or uninstalling it and reinstalling it. With an iPhone I assume you can uninstall the app but you are, I believe, stuck with installing the current version of the app.

Many times - Not every flight but about half of them I would say, I will get a 1 second log that indicates basically nothing. On airdata.com it shows a home point nowhere near where the actual home point is located. It's not really an issue just very strange - Anyone else see anything like this? An example log is attached.
Is the home point from a previous flight? Sometimes there is a similar problem with a .DAT. If a .DAT isn't closed properly then there will be remnants of previous flight at the very end of the .DAT

Did you fly that flight using the phone?
If not, the data from that flight was only partially uploaded to DJI and that's why you only see a part of it on the Phone and Airdata.
The autoupload doesn't always work properly.
Try synching manually.
Yeah I always use the phone. I will try the manual synchronization. Thanks Meta.

I get something similar but with the .DAT flight logs not the .txt flight logs.In my case the small, second file is almost always from the start of the recording.
I use multiple phones and I don't keep the smaller DAT but I get the impression this happens on certain phones and only on those phones. The others record just one .DAT.

That is quite strange since the phones are all Samsung S6, though there are different memory sizes. I am not bothered by this peculiarity so I have not investigated the matter further.

If an Android phone it might be worth trying a different version of the App or uninstalling it and reinstalling it. With an iPhone I assume you can uninstall the app but you are, I believe, stuck with installing the current version of the app.
Indeed it is an iPhone 8.

Is the home point from a previous flight? Sometimes there is a similar problem with a .DAT. If a .DAT isn't closed properly then there will be remnants of previous flight at the very end of the .DAT
No - the indicated home point would be in the middle of the roof of a house under construction. Sometimes I have launched from my driveway and after the flight I will get a log that is correct and then a 1 second flight log that indicates it was in the middle of the flight and the home point is on top of my neighbor's garage which is very odd since I never fly over there.

No - the indicated home point would be in the middle of the roof of a house under construction. Sometimes I have launched from my driveway and after the flight I will get a log that is correct and then a 1 second flight log that indicates it was in the middle of the flight and the home point is on top of my neighbor's garage which is very odd since I never fly over there.
Can you provide the correct .txt log that is associated with the .txt provided in post # 3?

Can you provide the correct .txt log that is associated with the .txt provided in post # 3?
Sure - there were a few logs associated with my construction progress captures for that morning. They are attached.

Attachments

• Logs for 10-01.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 3
Sure - there were a few logs associated with my construction progress captures for that morning. They are attached.
The two .txts are from the same flight.

The Fly app first created the very short
DJIFlightRecord_2023-10-01_[07-28-28].txt
and then after 0.7 secs created
DJIFlightRecord_2023-10-01_[07-28-30].txt
for the next 216 secs of the flight. Neither of these .txts had a take off or landing @hedbonker there should be .txts that precede and follow these two .txts.

Both the .txts have information found at the very beginning of a .txt. The gap between the two .txts appears to be a reset or restart of the Fly app. Not a loss of downlink.

They both had the same HP.
1696602471027.png

My guess is that the Fly app has a bug that causing it to randomly reset.

Yeah the Fly app crashes once in a while - I don't remember if it crashed that day but it might have. Thanks for looking at this Bud.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147