DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video/Camera feed not displayed on phone app

AdamD1122

Reactions
Hi all,

I just resolved one problem only to develop another....

I had it all working fine for a few flights and I took a couple pictures. Then I switched out the ND filter and I noticed the camera view was frozen. Not the first time I've seen that....but on all startups since then, the screen is black. I cannot get the camera feed back and I've got a black screen. The gimbal checks out ok and it even moved the camera up and down, but no live feed.

I tried this on my iphone 8 and my Samsung S9+. Same deal.

I wonder if the firmware updated on me a screwed this all up.

Any ideas on a fix?

Thanks,
Adam

You might check the camera settings if shooting manual.

Maybe something got changed?

I've had the feed freeze and simply resetting the cable between the controller and the phone took care of it. You've obviously tried two different cables as you have tried an Iphone and an android. Trying two phones kinda negates a corrupted app on the phone. If there's a second port on the controller you could try that if you haven't. It's really odd that your whole screen is black. When I lost feed the application stayed active and indicated "connection lost". That was using Go Fly 4 or DJI go 4 or whatever 4.

This is just weird....

After researching it, it seemed like I might need to rollback the firmware. So I started that process, totally unsuccessful, I can't get Assistant to see the drone. I'm just a failure over here....

So I tried it again, with the drone. Normal startup sequence. Suddenly everything is fine and dandy. It's back to normal.

Idk.....it's not perfect technology.

• Wow
Reactions: SmilingOgre
You didn't mention what model drone you have but my Mini will sometimes do that. I exit the app, not just switch screens, and go back in and life is good again.

mikeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s