DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video file size

borgie

Reactions
Just wondering if there is any way to get around the 3.8GB file size limit on the SD card. The specs say the system supports fat32 and exfat32. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have 1 continuous recording of a 20 min flight rather than it starting a new file every 5.5 minutes or so.

I'm guessing its just the way it is, but thought I would check.

That's normal and not alterable. Fat32 has a file size limitation of 4GB, so even though ExFat supports bigger files, DJI probably decided to keep to the common denominator.
The mp4 header used may also be a factor.

Reactions: borgie
Just wondering if there is any way to get around the 3.8GB file size limit on the SD card. The specs say the system supports fat32 and exfat32. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have 1 continuous recording of a 20 min flight rather than it starting a new file every 5.5 minutes or so.

I'm guessing its just the way it is, but thought I would check.
Also of note is your not missing any frames when it spits files...take a few minutes with any normal editor to join them all. As mentioned it has always been like this.

Reactions: Thomas B
You can't get around the file size limit, but you can get more "minutes" into the file by reducing video resolution. Early on I dropped down from 4k to 1080p (HD) and it looks fine (and I have a 4k TV).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851