DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video File Transfer

Nafasi

Reactions
I'm flying a Mavic 3, once I transfer my photo/video from my phone or my drone, I can see and view my photos. When I transfer my videos, I see the video file and the size of the video, but when I go to play the video I get a message that says "cant play this format. Why did the format change? Never experienced the on any of my other DJI drones

Last edited:
You have a choice of formats and players on your computer. You are no doubt using H265 on your drone, and have an older player that can't play it. Change your video format to H264 and I bet your player can handle it.

You have a choice of formats and players on your computer. You are no doubt using H265 on your drone, and have an older player that can't play it. Change your video format to H264 and I bet your player can handle it.
Im using a Samsung Tab 8 when I fly, when I transfer my video file from the sd card in the drone or in the tab 8 to my Fold 3, they cant be read. Where does this change need to take place, on the drone or the player?

Im using a Samsung Tab 8 when I fly, when I transfer my video file from the sd card in the drone or in the tab 8 to my Fold 3, they cant be read. Where does this change need to take place, on the drone or the player?
In the drone. It's a setting choice in DJI Fly.

I'm surprised a relatively new device can't play a h.265 if that is indeed the problem. You might want to look for an update to your device's player.

What is the video resolution of the file transferred directly from your drone SD card to your device?
What is the size of the file?
Did you try copying the file to your computer and playing it from there?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke