DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Modes

realvue

Reactions
I'm not going to completely embarrass myself and tell you just how little experience I have with videography. But I live in a beautiful area, and want to capture it all in 4K. It is very difficult to adjust exposure of the MA2 manually, just can't see it well enough on the screen of my phone. I have ordered a mount so I can use my iPad Pro instead. Until then, is there a good way to learn this? A video series? A book?

HDR looks good to me for right now, the exposure correction is good. But of course, I can only shoot in 30 fps. Is there a filter someone might recommend that will help? I'm sure these questions make me sound like a very inexperienced person, but as I mentioned before... I totally am.

Just trying to get my **** together relatively quickly when I am learning on my own, and start capturing all the cinematic vistas I can envision in my brain, and making them reality.

Thanks.

I'm not going to completely embarrass myself and tell you just how little experience I have with videography. But I live in a beautiful area, and want to capture it all in 4K. It is very difficult to adjust exposure of the MA2 manually, just can't see it well enough on the screen of my phone. I have ordered a mount so I can use my iPad Pro instead. Until then, is there a good way to learn this? A video series? A book?

HDR looks good to me for right now, the exposure correction is good. But of course, I can only shoot in 30 fps. Is there a filter someone might recommend that will help? I'm sure these questions make me sound like a very inexperienced person, but as I mentioned before... I totally am.

Just trying to get my **** together relatively quickly when I am learning on my own, and start capturing all the cinematic vistas I can envision in my brain, and making them reality.

Thanks.
There is no substitute for practice. I highly recommend using a larger screen. Here is my set yp.iPad in Skyreat Holder.jpgiPad on Skyreat Stand.jpgiPad-SkyreatHolder-sideView.jpgSkyreat-holder-side viewe.jpgSkyreatHolder-1-.jpg

Reactions: realvue
A larger screen only helps to a point. If in bright sunlight, still extremely hard to see the screen well.

4k is nice, but it will eat up A LOT of storage space on SD cards and hard drives. When and if you post these videos to social media - they will not be in 4k or even close.

So, you have to decide why you need to shoot ALL at 4k and is it worth it? Unless you have a 4k TV and can put a USB / SD card into it to watch them - nobody will know it's 4k.

I've tried ALL the modes in video and 1080p works extremely well and requires far less compression and loss of pixels when I'm posting to social media. It also has 1-4x zoom, which 2.7k and 4k do not have. Not that 4x is great - it is not - yet I can fly above obstacles and still capture some nice video without putting my drone at risk. The slider bar allows you to pick a zoom point in between 1-4x, so if 4x is very grainy - back it down to 2.5x or something like that.

1080p uses about half the space on cards / drives as well. If you will be shooting A LOT of videos - then expect to be buying some large drives to store all them on - as well as a backup.

Bottom line - pro's and con's to doing video in 4k as well as shooting pics at 48MP. You have to decide which is best for you and the purposes you'll be using them for.

A good video editor will also be required, so look into what people are using for that. Some here say DaVinci is great, but a learning curve. I use Lightroom and it is pretty decent.

There is no substitute for practice. I highly recommend using a larger screen. Here is my set yp.

Nice. I will be using a second generation iPad Pro 11 inch when my MavMount arrives.

4k is nice, but it will eat up A LOT of storage space on SD cards and hard drives. When and if you post these videos to social media - they will not be in 4k or even close.

So, you have to decide why you need to shoot ALL at 4k and is it worth it? Unless you have a 4k TV and can put a USB / SD card into it to watch them - nobody will know it's 4k.
LOL I guess I don’t have to... when do *you* shoot in 4K? When you want to slow mo the footage, or...?

Drive space won’t be an issue for me. I have a 10TB RAID array that is just begging to be filled with data.

A good video editor will also be required, so look into what people are using for that. Some here say DaVinci is great, but a learning curve. I use Lightroom and it is pretty decent.
I’m a graphic designer by trade, and subscribe to the Adobe Creative Suite. I would normally cut hobbyist video like this in iMovie, but I already ordered my classroom in a book for Adobe Premiere... seems like as good a time as any to learn that software. ??

Usually if you adjust the exposure so it looks nice on the phone's screen, you'll be WAY overexposed. Turn on the histogram and adjust the exposure so the bright (right) isn't bumping the right edge, nor is it all piled against the left edge.

See:

Reactions: realvue
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BugHunter