DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video output

Raymondo1

Reactions
Hi,

What workflow do people use for exporting the best quality footage for a 4K HDR tv.
Can you create a top quality file that can be read from a memory stick on a tv?

I’m getting the mavic 2 pro.
I have an OLED 4K HDR TV.
I will be editing using FCPX on a late 2015 i7 iMac with 16gb of ram and the 4gb graphics.

Thanks for any help.

Just use a program called handbrake which is free to convert to a file format that works for your tv.

After you edit in FCP just export the file in whatever format your TV is capable of playing. Without knowing the brand and model of TV we can't say for sure. Consult the TV's owner's manual.

Thanks for your help.

It’s an LG B7 OLED, I will have a look at the manual.

When I used to edit 1080P AVCHD I could output the video to a Blu Ray which gave me superior looking video compared to a YouTube stream.
I don’t have a 4K blu ray disk burner so I’m not sure how to view the edited video in It’s best possible and convenient way.

You can either play it directly from a flash drive if your TV has the capability, or you can play it through a 4k Roku player connected to your TV. Roku players have a USB port on them for playing 4k video off a flash drive.

Reactions: Raymondo1
You can either play it directly from a flash drive if your TV has the capability, or you can play it through a 4k Roku player connected to your TV. Roku players have a USB port on them for playing 4k video off a flash drive.

Thanks [emoji106].

Reactions: Mr. Salty
That iMac is quite weak for 4K video editing - depending on what your expectations are you might not like the performance. That CPU also cannot hardware decode 10bit H265/HEVC - I believe it is limited to 8bit.

Reactions: Raymondo1
That iMac is quite weak for 4K video editing - depending on what your expectations are you might not like the performance. That CPU also cannot hardware decode 10bit H265/HEVC - I believe it is limited to 8bit.

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking I might need proxy files anyway.

If I imported the H265 dlog into fcpx would I loose any quality converting it to H264 or proresHQ? Would the quality be better than shooting straight H264 8bit?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d