DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video Settings for Red Tide

MavicUser19

Reactions
I am a new Mavic Air user in San Diego trying to get a video of the current red tide, which makes the waves light up at night (Surfers ride glowing bioluminescent waves off San Clemente, San Diego coasts - VIDEO).

Though I have been able to capture this to some extent on other cameras, I have not been able to using my mavic air. I tried slowing down the shutter speed and increasing the aperture with little results. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

I am a new Mavic Air user in San Diego trying to get a video of the current red tide, which makes the waves light up at night (Surfers ride glowing bioluminescent waves off San Clemente, San Diego coasts - VIDEO).

Though I have been able to capture this to some extent on other cameras, I have not been able to using my mavic air. I tried slowing down the shutter speed and increasing the aperture with little results. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.
I don't think that's possible.

I think increasing that is the ISO is the most viable option, given that you're shooting from a moving platform. Slowing your shutter speed too much is just going to give you a blurry image.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots