DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Video skips in 4K

PCHBird

Reactions
Hi,
I recently got back from a trip overseas where I was taking pictures with the MP.

I made a few videos of the Mavic flying from the beach out to the reef. I was using 4K video. When I looked at the video the footage seems fine then it stutters or skips, then is fine again. The skipping reoccurs maybe every 10 seconds or so.
Does anyone have any ideas of what is happening? Is 4K just too much information to process for the Mavic Pro?

Does anyone have any ideas w

The Mavic Pro is fine with 4K. The problem is more likely the computer you're trying to play it back on.

First, are you looking at the video from the microSD card or the video that was cached on your phone or tablet? If the latter the glitching may be related to dropouts from the radio transmission from the drone.

But if you're looking at the 4K from the microSD card, try using VLC media player. If that doesn't work, you may need to upgrade your computer.

Yep I have the same problem sometimes when trying to play back 4k but it is the laptop I try to play it on. What I have found works best is record in 4k but when you process it bring it down to1080p.

I downloaded the SD card and played from my PC. It is a fast PC with graphics accelerator.

I ran to the same problem, cured with faster micro SD card, get fastest you can get and re-format through drone. It appears that lag could be caused during the writing - hence some skipping, so even after transfer to fast computer damage is done, it might need serious post editing to clean it up. Another issue is correct codec for the player and the video card - monitor, if you don't have 4K, footage gets converted to whatever you have.

had same problem, partially solved by going back to 32GB card only (from 64GB superfast SD card) formatted with FAT32 instead of exFAT, turning off caching video on the phone.
Also I noticed that video player software on the pc does not like LCDs running more than 60Hz (75, or 100, or more like modern gaming LCDs)

Hi,
I recently got back from a trip overseas where I was taking pictures with the MP.

I made a few videos of the Mavic flying from the beach out to the reef. I was using 4K video. When I looked at the video the footage seems fine then it stutters or skips, then is fine again. The skipping reoccurs maybe every 10 seconds or so.
Does anyone have any ideas of what is happening? Is 4K just too much information to process for the Mavic Pro?

Does anyone have any ideas w
Highly likely you need a faster card that can handle the data rates. I've seen this a number of times where the drone can't write to the card fast enough so it drops frames to be able to keep up. Time to buy a UHS 3 card or higher.

It might be an issue of micro SD card. Drone can't write to the card fast enough on a poor micro SD card. You can get a faster one. Surely, the computer hardware, especially graphic card also matters for 4K video skipping. You can replace your GPU to make your 4K video playable. If you don't plan to buy another graphic card, you can also tweak 4K video bitrate, frame rate, or even resolution with a 4K video converter, which will get your video smaller but more or less some quality loss invisible to eyes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dipshot