DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Videos looking dark compared to photos

grayrh29

Reactions
I have a Mavic 2 and was flying it at Lake Tahoe. In photo mode, I saw the emerald green waters but in video mode, it was dark blue and lost most of the color. I tried changing all the settings available but couldn't get it anywhere closer to the photo mode vibrancy. Any tips on how to preserve the color when taking a video?

I have a Mavic 2 and was flying it at Lake Tahoe. In photo mode, I saw the emerald green waters but in video mode, it was dark blue and lost most of the color. I tried changing all the settings available but couldn't get it anywhere closer to the photo mode vibrancy. Any tips on how to preserve the color when taking a video?
I find that settings for video are not the same as settings for photos. I have to are-set the parameters when I switch between the two modes.

Depends if you are in Auto / Auto Exp or manual camera modes. My videos seem to be a exp setting or two darker than in pics, so I use the Exp Setting wheel up or down depending on light sources. If you fly manual, there are those settings you'll have to play with to find the right setup.

Part of droning is learning all those little things that require you to fly more and play with settings. Post production may also help some, depending on what software you use.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Depends if you are in Auto / Auto Exp or manual camera modes. My videos seem to be a exp setting or two darker than in pics, so I use the Exp Setting wheel up or down depending on light sources. If you fly manual, there are those settings you'll have to play with to find the right setup.

Part of droning is learning all those little things that require you to fly more and play with settings. Post production may also help some, depending on what software you use.
I shoot manual 100% of the time. When I change from image (still picture) which is perfectly exposed, to Video, the image needs at least 2 stops of brightening. I cannot, as I would love too do, go back and forth and shoot away.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson