DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

videos

mikebambi

Reactions
my first video colors where all washed out and overexposed too much contrast , must admit was in the sun but shouldnt this be automatically adjusted ?

Were you using auto exposure? If so, you can adjust the exposure with the dial by your right index finger, or go into camera settings and decrease the exposure.

Reactions: mikebambi
Were you using auto exposure? If so, you can adjust the exposure with the dial by your right index finger, or go into camera settings and decrease the exposure.
thats right I forgot about that thanks for reminding me

EV is a camera setting that the average Joe has never paid attention to. Even if you read about it, it's the least of the "big picture" when it comes to flying a Mavic. Ergo, I would suggest that the OP may have accidentally rolled the right thumb-wheel to over expose their images. Been there... Done that.

@mikebambi ~keep an eye on the EV setting. It appears on both the device (phone) and the remote controller screen. EV should =0, unless you are trying to over or under expose your images.

You really need to get a new line :p. EV is a camera setting that the average Joe has never paid attention to. Even if you read about it, it's the least of the "big picture" when it comes to flying a Mavic. Ergo, I would suggest that the OP may have accidentally rolled the right thumb-wheel to over expose their images. Been there... Done that.

@mikebambi ~keep an eye on the EV setting. It appears on both the device (phone) and the remote controller screen. EV should =0, unless you are trying to over or under expose your images.

Maybe, he's banned from Google?

Sketch.png

Maybe, he's banned from Google?

View attachment 27233

You are assuming that he knew what was wrong to begin with; assuming that he knew the answer to his question before asking it. How could anyone look something up, if they have no idea that it exists, or what it does...etc.? He didn't. And reading the Google results that you posted -- if you are not intimately familiar with cameras, that description would mean absolutely nothing. I'm glad that the OP asked, and hopefully we've helped him out by giving him some info on EV settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: Callum and coop64
EV is a camera setting that the average Joe has never paid attention to. Even if you read about it, it's the least of the "big picture" when it comes to flying a Mavic. Ergo, I would suggest that the OP may have accidentally rolled the right thumb-wheel to over expose their images. Been there... Done that.

ok thanks that means turning the right wheel on the controller to adjust the light

ok thanks that means turning the right wheel on the controller to adjust the light
Correct-ish :)... Technically you are taking a good exposure at 0 (zero) EV and either underexposing it or overexposing it. Zero is your target, unless you have reason to over or under expose. I have accidentally rolled that top right thumb wheel enough times that I automatically check the EV value now before each shot. When I am just flying, I will often flip the EV up to 1.3 (or similar value) to brighten my screen. Just remember to take it back down before shooting any video or photos.

Reactions: mikebambi
Correct-ish :)... Technically you are taking a good exposure at 0 (zero) EV and either underexposing it or overexposing it. Zero is your target, unless you have reason to over or under expose. I have accidentally rolled that top right thumb wheel enough times that I automatically check the EV value now before each shot. When I am just flying, I will often flip the EV up to 1.3 (or similar value) to brighten my screen. Just remember to take it back down before shooting any video or photos.
thank you so much

Reactions: Qoncussion
A camera meter is aiming to give you the correct exposure based on an average of what it's seeing. The average isn't always correct. If one part of the image is overly bright or overly dark, it'll throw the average off.

For example, night photos. You don't necessarily want the entire frame to be correctly exposed. You might want the streets under street lights correctly exposed, but the rest of the image might be completely dark.

Or if there's a lot of snow on the ground, the meter might have you try to darken that down to where the snow is gray, and other things, like buildings or trees, will be too dark.

For example, over the summer I had to photograph a white church in bright daylight. It was a nightmare. If I exposed the way the meter wanted me to, the church was overexposed and there was no detail in the white. If I adjusted the EV too much, the part of the church that was in the sun looked good, but the part that was in shade was too dark. I had to use my eyes and some judgment to manually set the exposure to what looked balanced. The meter isn't always right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson