DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Walmart offering accidental damage on drones for $77 for 4 years??

This is the protection plan that walmart is selling alongside the drones. They paired them together but that would be crazy if this were true....maybe they made a mistake and would honor any accidental damage?

Don't trust it, got it before on cheap drone, doesn't cover a crash. DONT DO IT

Reactions: 747P4
Don't trust it, got it before on cheap drone, doesn't cover a crash. DONT DO IT
Even if it didnt cover a crash the terms state it covers almost everything else. I know with phones and tablets walmart always covered ANYTHING that happened to them but they cost like $129 for 2 years on $800 phone i believe. But still what if $77 for four years would cover normal wear and tear or actually it states a drop or spill etc.

Im sure you get what you pay for so RnI you have convinced me. Walmart has changed companies again for their protection plans and i hear people say to pass on the protection plan offered by a company I dont think im supposed to name or they would remove this post? Has 3 letters in its name.

Reactions: 747P4 and mrreddog
I Just ordered the zoom off walmart's web site and seen this. I did purchase the 3 year coverage for $58.00. If you look it says for camera's. My thinking. Sir I did not crash, I dropped the camera. Should be covered. I'll let you know if I have to use it

I Just ordered the zoom off walmart's web site and seen this. I did purchase the 3 year coverage for $58.00. If you look it says for camera's. My thinking. Sir I did not crash, I dropped the camera. Should be covered. I'll let you know if I have to use it

Would be interesting to "test" the waters to see if they would come through on the warranty.
Wouldn't be the first time somebody screwed up and placed "all drones" in the electronic category! o_O

Now, this make me wonder about the ASURION 2 Year Camera Accident Protection Plan from Amazon for 27.97 :rolleyes:

I have tried it with a cheaper drone, they did not fix it. Not for crashes

Interesting.
They sell "a protection plan" but decline to fix. That may well be contrary to applicable State consumer law, but difficult to "drill down" as the "small" print may have the Company covered. Gotta read the small print!

I have crash 3 dji air 2 drones that I got from Walmart with the AllState protection plan and each time they cut me a check for the drone cost and i didn't have to pay the deductible like a friend had to do with dji care I will only buy drones from Walmart for now on and if u crash it in the first 30 days you can take it to your local Walmart and get 100% of cost with the 58 dollar protection plan back right on the spot and then just order yourself a new one

Even if it didnt cover a crash the terms state it covers almost everything else. I know with phones and tablets walmart always covered ANYTHING that happened to them but they cost like $129 for 2 years on $800 phone i believe. But still what if $77 for four years would cover normal wear and tear or actually it states a drop or spill etc.
A crash could be considered a drop. ;)

Reactions: TheSnowyPilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej