DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Want to fly early tomorrow morning, Batteries take an hour to charge, do it tonight or tomorrow

jorgelrod

Reactions
My Lipos on my Typhoon would bulge up if they stayed charged without using for long period of time. I'm new to DJI. Want to head out early to fly and take advantage of the morning light. They take about an hour to charge so I'd have to get up earlier to charge. Are these ok to charge now and use tomorrow morning or are these like the Yuneec Lipo Batteries??

My Yuneec batteries (all 5) are all bulged up too. I stored them as suggested, but it doesn’t matter. I still have my original Phantom batteries and they are still good.[emoji106]

You'll be fine charging them the night before. It takes a few days before they self discharge enough to matter.

But just don't leave them on the charger all night. And if you let them sit fully charged, they will start their self discharge cycle based on the number of days you set in the GO4 app. After a flight, I will put my second battery in the Mavic and charge the one I just flew with when it has cooled down. So I know that there is a fresh battery in it. I will check the battery before the flight, if I get 4 lights, I go. if I have been sitting for a week or so, and get two or three light, will charge it back up. So far that has never happened, since I usually fly at least ever two or three days. The only time I have read that a Mavic battery has bulged up is when the battery had sat for a few months, must have been completely dead and then was charged.

Reactions: Sitruknosnhoj
But just don't leave them on the charger all night...

I waited until they were charged to disconnect them from the charger before going to bed. Headed out early this morning and was able to get some good footage during the golden hour.

Would like to see what you shot.

I'll post some stuff before tonight, I snuck out early to take advantage of the golden hour and when I arrived, the wife was waiting for me with some swiffers to clean the ceiling fans since she cant reach them :D:D

I'll post some stuff before tonight, I snuck out early to take advantage of the golden hour and when I arrived, the wife was waiting for me with some swiffers to clean the ceiling fans since she cant reach them :D:D
Is the commercially available mount for the swifter or did you fabricate your own mount?

Reactions: jorgelrod

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki