DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint missions and the POI

Mark107

Reactions
I'm struggling to get my waypoint missions with the M3E to fly correctly. For example, If I plan a waypoint mission on the map and set a POI, I can set the Yaw to center on the POI for each of the waypoints. However I'm unable to specify the elevation of the POI. I can adjust the gimble angle manually for each way point, but I'm only guessing as to what it needs to be to center the shot correctly.

If I create the waypoint mission in flight, it flies to the waypoint and quickly moves the gimble into position as it was when I stored the waypoint. Snapping images are fine, but If I'm recording video the movements are very jerky. There is no smooth transition between waypoints.

Does anyone have more experience in flying waypoint missions with the M3E? To be honest, my M3 is much easier and better at waypoint missions. I just figure that the M3E should be better since it's the PRO system. Any help out there?

I’ve been having trouble getting the camera to focus the POI and adjust the gimbal angle automatically. However, doing a live mission record, it seems to work fine.

Yes.. the Live mission record seems to work, however the transition between waypoints is not smooth like it is with the Mavic 3 on the Fly App. Plus, you can have multiple POI's on the Mavic 3. I wish the Pilot 2 App recorded and flew waypoint missions like the Fly App.

Yes.. the Live mission record seems to work, however the transition between waypoints is not smooth like it is with the Mavic 3 on the Fly App. Plus, you can have multiple POI's on the Mavic 3. I wish the Pilot 2 App recorded and flew waypoint missions like the Fly App.
I’m a little surprised that no one else on this forum has chimed into this. I’m having the issue with the Mavic 3T and Matrice 300 RTK.

I’m a little surprised that no one else on this forum has chimed into this. I’m having the issue with the Mavic 3T and Matrice 300 RTK.
Yes.. I thought others would have this issue as well.. As a follow up.. I reached out to one of the reps and Advexture who was kind enough to do some testing and found that by lowering the gimble speed it does help smooth things out a bit.. That was helpful. However.. it's not quite what I am wanting.. Setting multiple POI's or even just being able to adjust the POI elevation and setting the waypoints to point at the right spot is a bit more of a challenge than I had expected. If all I am doing is photos, it's not as big of an issue, but getting a smooth video from waypoint to waypoint and transitioning from POI to POI in the right way is a really a challenge. And it works so well on the Mavic 3 (the Fly app) I would think they would incorporate it into the Pilot 2 App.

I only just recently tried using waypoints on the M3E and it has been VERY disappointing! Good thing i can use the M2Pro when i need a waypoint mission!
i paid 3x as much for the M3E and the more i use it, the less impressed i am.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian