DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoint - POI

Fergy

Reactions
Hi to all, Have a safe New Year,

I will try to explain this question as best I can, I am planning a waypoint mission on a feature that is 360 meters high but I will be placing the POI height at about 250 meters, my drone height will be at 120 meters and about 180 meters away in distance, what I wish to achieve is I only want a quarter of the sky in the video, I want mostly the feature, is there a chart or program that can assist me in working out this calculation. I have viewed many youtube videos on Waypoints and there is one gentleman called MontanaMonk who does give very good tutorials, Hope this came across clearly sorry for waffling on.

regards
fergy

Fly it a number of times with varying gimbal angles and altitudes to get a feel for the settings that work best. But for a rough place to start...: I'm pretty sure the Mavic has a horizontal FOV of 79 degrees and I seem to remember the vertical was like 44 degrees (9/16). So the question really becomes at what distance does 360 meters = 44 degrees (or so) when you are flying at 120 meters. So tan(angle) = height (H)/distance (D) so D = H / tan(44) = 360m/.96 = 375m. So 1) You'll have to be at least 375m away to fit it all in and 2) you'll have to look up (gimble pitch) about 11 degrees to account for not being halfway up the craggy plinth or whatever it is you're shooting.

Reactions: Andrew F
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quachlaogia