DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

weak signal

JOHNVOSS

Reactions
Today was a beautiful day for flying in the Hudson River Valley. Very light winds. I flew in several locations and on every flight I received a "weak signal adjust antenna warning". Flying out over the river at 200-300 feet i received the warning at around 2300 feet. Flying over some trees I received the warning at around 1600 feet. The warnings were pretty consistent at those distances. Kind of disappointing. Any thoughts would be most welcome.

Here is the Airdata data.

John

Are these power lines? You have plenty altitude.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Well. 25FT from the water, you have some trees at front and a metal closing bridge from the train at left side. I will say too close. That may cause interference as well but still not bad for Mavic Mini.

Thanks for your prompt response. I'll do some more testing. Would you recommend range extenders?
Yes I do. Specially the parabolic and Yagi. They are very inexpensive and effective.

Trying putting the phone in airplane mode if that has not been done. The interference may come from the phone.

There is another issued which I failed to mention. Once I received the weak signal warning it remained displayed in DJI FLY until I landed and turned the MM off. Is this normal?

Regarding Airplane mode, My DJI FLY mobile is a Samsung Galaxy S9 is which is unlocked. For wifi I open a hotspot on my other (Verizon) cell phone.

Once I received the weak signal warning it remained displayed in DJI FLY until I landed and turned the MM off. Is this normal?
That's abnormal. In the following video, my Mini has issued the warning message for a few times and everytime the message went away by itself quickly ( eg check out 3:32, 6:03, 6:56 )

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just discovered on the DJI Forum that there are many reports of issues with v 1.2 of DJI FLY including the weak signal warning that will not go away until the MM is restarted.

Anyone know how to revert to 1.1.10 until this is fixed?

Yes I do. Specially the parabolic and Yagi. They are very inexpensive and effective.
I agree and they work very well together. Be aware that you’re flying beyond VLOS (virtual line of sight) and it’s possible to take down a small plane or chopper with your mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DvrkDrone