DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird behavior

WoodstockNick

Reactions
Flew my Air today out over a forest preserve that has an observation tower on a clearing that serves as a nice launching point.
I got about a mile out and the signal and video feed started breaking up, so I started to turn around and head back. The signal completely dropped. I moved so I could get a clear shot over the tree line and got the signal back but it was spotty.
I have it set it RTH on signal loss, but even after I got it back, it went into auto land. It was going to drop into the tree canopy.
I tried to cancel the auto land, but with the spotty signal it kept saying “command failed.”
Weird. I don’t know why it was trying to land instead of RTH.
It was very hot today and the battery and body were almost too hot to touch.
I wonder if it just overheated and decided it had enough.
I flew it a couple more times today with no issues.

Flight logs, please.
I think I figured out why it tried to land instead of RTH. I was sure I had more than 10 satellites when I took off, but when I look at the flight records viewer it immediately dropped to 4 after takeoff then jumped back to 14. Some sort of GPS interference probably right around the time it was trying to set the RTH point.
Lesson learned. Double check your RTH point. At least I stopped the landing. It was at about 35 ft and dropping.

I had mine go into RTH once and trying to cancel it by touching the screen would not cancel it.
Thankfully, I read here that can happen and to press the Cancel button. (Red circle with II on it)
That worked.
a54.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark