DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird dark shadow/band

JayMavPro

Reactions
Hi guys. Just picked a MavPro 2 and one of the first things I noticed was this dark shadow to the bottom quarter of the screen when tilting the gimbal. Does the same on video and stills. But the weird thing is is that it doesnt show on the footage on sdcard or internal memory. This was viewed on my smart controller so I tried the normal controller with my phone and it's the same..?

None of this has happened on my zoom.. so I'm perplexed..? I've checked in forums and online ,can't seem to find anyone with the same issue? Or is this normal on the pro?

Thanks. Jay

Please see attached video.

Attachments

• org_43126bd092591058_1569652522000.jpg
    org_43126bd092591058_1569652522000.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
Mate, don't get confused, that is just a subtle gradient to better see the the lower interface. If you swipe to remove the HUD, you'll see that it also disappears.
There's nothing wrong here. ;) Checked with my SC, it's the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Mate, don't get confused, that is just a subtle gradient to better see the the lower interface. If you swipe to remove the HUD, you'll see that it also disappears.
There's nothing wrong here. ;) Checked with my SC, it's the same.

Thanks for your reply. Ohh, I never realised that. I will try what you advised later. I was concerned as this does not happen when using my Mavic 2 zoom. I hope your right! I have been worried about it. Thanks

As written, I have also checked it on my SC, and there very subtle dark gradien fill is there.
Not sure, why you have not seen it on the Zoom, but it's definitely there on the M2P. ;)

Happy and safe flying!

Reactions: JayMavPro
As written, I have also checked it on my SC, and there very subtle dark gradien fill is there.
Not sure, why you have not seen it on the Zoom, but it's definitely there on the M2P. ;)

Happy and safe flying!
Thank you! You are correct.. swiped to remove the HUD and it disappeared. So relieved it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Must be a pro thing as deffinetly not on my zoom. Thanks again for your help. Jay

Can you explain what you mean by "swipe" ? Not sure I understand what or where you're doing it to lose the gradient. Thanks.
Hey,. In the normal view of your controller looking at the feed. Just swipe up on the screen the the HUD disappears. Hope this helps.

@RedSoxFan42
You can temporarily turn off the HUD by swiping on the screen (either with one or two fingers according to your settings).
You then have an unhindered view mostly like your picture/video will look like.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan