DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weird Video Behavior in Pro Video Mode

spamgnome

Reactions
I was flying at the beach yesterday and noticed that the display (and recorded video) was "pulsing" if the camera was pointed toward the sun or the water. The issue went away if I went to Auto exposure mode. I also noted that the ISO kept changing in sync with the pulsing. I could also eliminate the condition if I slowed down the shutter speed. I thought that when the ISO was set, it was SET! What's going on here?

That is weird. If I use manual exposure or lock my exposure then I don't get that. I do get that on auto exposure as the camera is reacting to different reflections/light intensity.

That is weird. If I use manual exposure or lock my exposure then I don't get that. I do get that on auto exposure as the camera is reacting to different reflections/light intensity.
There appears to be a little letter 'A' next to the ISA setting display. Does that mean automatic? Again, I'd think that in Pro mode, the ISO (of all things) would be locked!

There appears to be a little letter 'A' next to the ISA setting display. Does that mean automatic? Again, I'd think that in Pro mode, the ISO (of all things) would be locked!
From the Air 2 Manual:

Pg 40 Camera Modes Switch
Choose between Auto and Manual mode when in photo mode. In Manual mode, shutter and ISO can be set. In Auto mode, AE lock and EV can be set.

All I can find in the manual. I haven't flown my Air 2 in over 6 months so I can't remember exactly how it works. I do remember it is limited in manual settings compared the the Mavic 2 pro which I fly most of the time.

From the Air 2 Manual:

Pg 40 Camera Modes Switch
Choose between Auto and Manual mode when in photo mode. In Manual mode, shutter and ISO can be set. In Auto mode, AE lock and EV can be set.

All I can find in the manual. I haven't flown my Air 2 in over 6 months so I can't remember exactly how it works. I do remember it is limited in manual settings compared the the Mavic 2 pro which I fly most of the time.
Looks like that pertains to photo mode versus video?

Looks like that pertains to photo mode versus video?
Hard to say with DJI. They aren't the best with documentation. Mostly trial and error for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mertyaldiz