DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weirdness with goggles and Mavic Air

OldGoatMTB

Reactions
I haven't had my goggles long, but I really love them. I have had several issues though.

1) It seems the drone keeps getting reset into 1080p when I want to record 4k. I was flying this morning and know that I went in and set the video to 4K through the goggles, yet when I downloaded the video it was 1080p.
2) Somehow my date/time has gotten reset. I don't want files that say they were recorded i 1999. :(
3) The distances in the goggles are all metric, I would prefer to see them in English (feet). Maybe that's just a "feature."

Anyone else have any weird issues, or have any insight on these issues?

Reactions: Possums
I haven't had my goggles long, but I really love them. I have had several issues though.

1) It seems the drone keeps getting reset into 1080p when I want to record 4k. I was flying this morning and know that I went in and set the video to 4K through the goggles, yet when I downloaded the video it was 1080p.
2) Somehow my date/time has gotten reset. I don't want files that say they were recorded i 1999. :(
3) The distances in the goggles are all metric, I would prefer to see them in English (feet). Maybe that's just a "feature."
Anyone else have any weird issues, or have any insight on these issues?
Here is a good walk through on the white googles - if you haven't seen it yet.
Mine too measures in meters. Let me know if you figure out how to change that.

Reactions: OldGoatMTB
Here is a good walk through on the white googles - if you haven't seen it yet.
Mine too measures in meters. Let me know if you figure out how to change that.
Thanks, Possums! Will check it out (Time passes...) Good walkthrough, but really didn't help with addressing my specific questions. I did connect to Mavic Air using my phone and that seemed to update the date, though I think it might be 1 day off. Still weird! Also, when I selected 4k I might not have selected the fps, so the change from 1080 to 4k may never have 'taken'. In any event I have been able to shoot 4K.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest