DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Weirdness with MA2

G Randy Brown

Reactions
Hi all,
I have been getting some scary behavior since the update.
I took a 3 day road trip last week and noticed my MA2 (slowly) lowering in altitude and drifting right with no hands on the sticks and no wind. It was at eye level and only about 30 feet away.
Today here near my house I had an error in the lower middle of the screen stating something like "You have lost contact with DJI Fly with the options of wait or close app".
Has anyone ever seen this and if so what did u do about it?
Thanks,
Randy

Reactions: New England Droning
Hi all,
I have been getting some scary behavior since the update.
I took a 3 day road trip last week and noticed my MA2 (slowly) lowering in altitude and drifting right with no hands on the sticks and no wind. It was at eye level and only about 30 feet away.
Today here near my house I had an error in the lower middle of the screen stating something like "You have lost contact with DJI Fly with the options of wait or close app".
Has anyone ever seen this and if so what did u do about it?
Thanks,
Randy
I just looked at the footage I shot today and noticed something else I've never seen...the image would gain exposure occasionally for a few seconds at a time.
I have a VND on it and used auto at -3.
Any suggestions?

You might get some more help if you:
  1. Posted flight logs
  2. Posted a video clip (or at least a photo/screen capture)
There's just no way to understand what you're talking about without some data/examples.

Only time my Air2 does wacky things is in ATTI mode and not enough sats for GPS. It will drift and do strange things for sure. You did not state whether it had gained GPS signal to create stabilization that we all seem to expect.

If you are using FlyApp 1.4.8 - it is a power hog it seems. If you're phone is a little older, FlyApp may not even work or if it does, not properly. Check that to see if that is the case.

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
I've noticed a little drifting on occasion in a hover. Not much and usually a movement on the sticks will stop it. I'm thinking I might need to do an RC calibration plus I noticed a few settings changed with the last update.

Did the message look like this one? If so, the Fly app crashed on me shortly after this message and I restarted. This was before I noticed the telemetry data was no longer being updated and the "Fn" button would no longer work so I headed back and during the landing descent is when the app crashed. I haven't had any more app crashes since. Fly v1.4.8, Samsung Galaxy A71, Android 11.

1629698882767.png

Did the message look like this one? If so, the Fly app crashed on me shortly after this message and I restarted. This was before I noticed the telemetry data was no longer being updated and the "Fn" button would no longer work so I headed back and during the landing descent is when the app crashed. I haven't had any more app crashes since. Fly v1.4.8, Samsung Galaxy A71, Android 11.

View attachment 133879
Sorry all, I'm just now seeing all the replies.
Yes Pappy, that is the error I got.
Today, I will refresh the app in Fly Assistant and recalibrate to see if it resolves the situation.
Judging by the replies here it is apparently not a widespread issue so I'll keep my fingers crossed and report back if it continues.
Thanks all,
Randy

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stokdgenetics