DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wet Mavic - help needed

mkp2020

Reactions
Well this afternoon it was my turn to make a silly mistake. After some short test flights I removed the battery from the Mavic and took it inside to charge. Left the Mavic outside on a table and got distracted while in the house. Next thing I know an unexpected thunderstorm popped up and there was a downpour. Mavic got rained on with the battery compartment exposed and by the time I got back out there it had gotten pretty wet.
I dried it off and it is dry wherever I can see but not sure about the impact internally. I have had a fan running for a couple hours pointed toward the air intake, and I have some damp-rid that I'm planning to seal up with the Mavic overnight. My question is - what else should I be doing to have the best chance of recovery? Will I need to open up the Mavic to make sure the internal components get dry? Has anyone had this experience and what was the outcome? Thanks for any advice you can provide. Feeling like a real dummy this evening!

Well this afternoon it was my turn to make a silly mistake. After some short test flights I removed the battery from the Mavic and took it inside to charge. Left the Mavic outside on a table and got distracted while in the house. Next thing I know an unexpected thunderstorm popped up and there was a downpour. Mavic got rained on with the battery compartment exposed and by the time I got back out there it had gotten pretty wet.
I dried it off and it is dry wherever I can see but not sure about the impact internally. I have had a fan running for a couple hours pointed toward the air intake, and I have some damp-rid that I'm planning to seal up with the Mavic overnight. My question is - what else should I be doing to have the best chance of recovery? Will I need to open up the Mavic to make sure the internal components get dry? Has anyone had this experience and what was the outcome? Thanks for any advice you can provide. Feeling like a real dummy this evening!
Opening it would be better but would void warranty. Yes keep blowing air on it for a couple of days. It rained on my pc next to a sky light window, it fired up fine when dried out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS