DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you think of the video

Razzor

Reactions

I think that it is unfortunately a little too dark. I really like the slow flights. Unfortunately, I filmed turns too often.

I am happy about your criticism

MfG_Razzor

Since you asked....
You've got some pretty shots. The color doesn't look dark to me on my calibrated monitor. If you want you can open the shadows *a touch*, but it doesn't scream too dark to me.

I have two main issues with this video. 1) 90+% of the video is horizonal motion. Only at the end did I see that you had some forward motion, then even an upward move on the rock. You should have more differing movements. 2) Your videos would benefit from being more aware of the cropping, especially as it relates to POINTS OF INTEREST and composition in the viewfinder. If you're not aware of "the golden rule of thirds" this is something that is critical to any photographer or film maker. It's best if you google it and study it for next time.

I took the liberty of doing some editing magic on a screen shot to sort of illustrate what I mean in the composition. The image on top I stretched the image so show you how it might have looked had you shown more land and less water that has no specific points of interest. How the images is "weighted" is important. You could have achieved both by going sideway as you had, and then cut or transition to moving toward land. If you didn't want to have the horizon dominate (due to lack of interesting features), you can either descend as you move forward or tilt the gimbal as you fly to keep the composition as you like it. Or, if you haven't done that, as an alternative you can use the zoom feature on your editor, assuming your editor has one.

Lastly, the "RAZ" up in the corner is great for about 5 seconds, then fade it out. It's distracting and IMO unnecssary unless you're afraid of someone stealing your film (in which case they'll steal it anyway and crop out the logo).

3:46 is pretty long for a video of this type. 2.5 minutes would be plenty long. I would suggest you search your footage to see if there is some additional film, moving forward, up or multiple movements simulataneously. IMO you can shorten some of the clips that sort of linger too long. The latter is tough to do, but I think anyone interesting making drone videos should learn to do them.

I think that's about all I have at this moment.
Oh... and btw... On my own videos, you have no idea how often I've posted a vid, only to watch it later, thinking to myself "this is ? ", then go re-edit the whole thing. Don't be afraid to re-edit and re-post. Keep in mind that all of this is just MYopinion. Beauty is in the eye...

Thanks for sharing.

1623193941128.png

1623194119107.png

Last edited:
I think you did great. I liked in the early part of the video how the water was like glass causing the reflections to be near perfect. I think the music fit well. I do agree - a bit too many pivots around things. Maybe through more straight line flying.

Reactions: Razzor
I think that it is unfortunately a little too dark. I really like the slow flights. Unfortunately, I filmed turns too often.

Hi Razzor,
I think that Vindibona has said everything about the video.
you couldn't say it better! If you heed all his suggestions for improvement, your next video will look much better!

One more tip from me:
Your video consists mainly of long (wide) shots. What is missing are close-ups, because the mix of long shots, half long shots and close-ups enhances every video. It will be more entertaining and much more interesting to watch! ?
Good luck, and remeber, no one is born a master ?
Cheers Paul

I would start high & wide to give an overview of the region including the lake with progressive scenes closer and closer to points of interest.
Keep cuts to a few seconds max with many as short as 3 or 4 seconds.
Keep it moving along and interesting.
Close with the opposite of the opening; with a long pull-out to a broad view - and out.
Music - free to use from studio.youtube music such as those attached.
Just my opinion.

Attachments

• lakemusic.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 0
Greetings! Thanks for sharing!

Hi Razzor,
I think that Vindibona has said everything about the video.
you couldn't say it better! If you heed all his suggestions for improvement, your next video will look much better!

One more tip from me:
Your video consists mainly of long (wide) shots. What is missing are close-ups, because the mix of long shots, half long shots and close-ups enhances every video. It will be more entertaining and much more interesting to watch! ?
Good luck, and remeber, no one is born a master ?
Cheers Paul
Thank you for your tip, I have to agree with you. Close-ups would make it more interesting.

Thank you I will work on it

Since you asked....
You've got some pretty shots. The color doesn't look dark to me on my calibrated monitor. If you want you can open the shadows *a touch*, but it doesn't scream too dark to me.

I have two main issues with this video. 1) 90+% of the video is horizonal motion. Only at the end did I see that you had some forward motion, then even an upward move on the rock. You should have more differing movements. 2) Your videos would benefit from being more aware of the cropping, especially as it relates to POINTS OF INTEREST and composition in the viewfinder. If you're not aware of "the golden rule of thirds" this is something that is critical to any photographer or film maker. It's best if you google it and study it for next time.

I took the liberty of doing some editing magic on a screen shot to sort of illustrate what I mean in the composition. The image on top I stretched the image so show you how it might have looked had you shown more land and less water that has no specific points of interest. How the images is "weighted" is important. You could have achieved both by going sideway as you had, and then cut or transition to moving toward land. If you didn't want to have the horizon dominate (due to lack of interesting features), you can either descend as you move forward or tilt the gimbal as you fly to keep the composition as you like it. Or, if you haven't done that, as an alternative you can use the zoom feature on your editor, assuming your editor has one.

Lastly, the "RAZ" up in the corner is great for about 5 seconds, then fade it out. It's distracting and IMO unnecssary unless you're afraid of someone stealing your film (in which case they'll steal it anyway and crop out the logo).

3:46 is pretty long for a video of this type. 2.5 minutes would be plenty long. I would suggest you search your footage to see if there is some additional film, moving forward, up or multiple movements simulataneously. IMO you can shorten some of the clips that sort of linger too long. The latter is tough to do, but I think anyone interesting making drone videos should learn to do them.

Oh... and btw... On my own videos, you have no idea how often I've posted a vid, only to watch it later, thinking to myself "this is ? ", then go re-edit the whole thing. Don't be afraid to re-edit and re-post. Keep in mind that all of this is just MYopinion. Beauty is in the eye...

Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 130428

View attachment 130429
Thank you for your detailed review. I will take your tips very seriously and implement them in the future. Lots of things that you mentioned sound very good. I will test it

Your picture looks very good with a little more sky it looks very different.

Many Thanks

MfG_Razzor

Since you asked....

Thanks for sharing.

View attachment 130428

View attachment 130429
I usually look at and critique these videos early in the day but I was late today and most everything has been said. I found myself wishing for you to elevate the gimbal so I could see the land. Yes, it is a bit dark and could use a little increased exposure. The logo, mentioned already, is distracting as hell. You need some details in the trees. Better color grading is needed. It has an overall blue look (Cyan). Warm it up a tiny bit. I found myself getting bored and turned it off after about a minute of horizontal back and forth, back and forth. No story was told. Just random shots. No original flying , just straight . Perhaps with some POI or shorter clips, it would have held my interest longer.

Dale
Miami

Thank you for your detailed review. I will take your tips very seriously and implement them in the future. Lots of things that you mentioned sound very good. I will test it

Your picture looks very good with a little more sky it looks very different.

Many Thanks
You are most welcome.

I usually look at and critique these videos early in the day but I was late today and most everything has been said. I found myself wishing for you to elevate the gimbal so I could see the land. Yes, it is a bit dark and could use a little increased exposure. The logo, mentioned already, is distracting as hell. You need some details in the trees. Better color grading is needed. It has an overall blue look (Cyan). Warm it up a tiny bit. I found myself getting bored and turned it off after about a minute of horizontal back and forth, back and forth. No story was told. Just random shots. No original flying , just straight . Perhaps with some POI or shorter clips, it would have held my interest longer.

Dale
Miami
Thank you for your honest opinion. I'll try to implement this in the next few videos. I think it's very good that you tell me that you are getting bored with the video.

This is the only way I can learn and improve.
And I think it's very, very important that you respond to the views of the audience and respect them. Many Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+