DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What else could be wrong with my gimbal?

kcabpilot

Reactions
Bought myself a Mavic for Christmas, didn't even have it a week before I crashed it into a light pole using one of the "intelligent" flight modes. Nothing visibly broken other than two strands on the PTZ video cable so no video and the gimbal was doing the crazy flip back and forth stuff and not aligning. So I ordered an new video cable and a new gimbal ribbon cable and replaced both. Video came back but gimbal still doing the same thing (the original ribbon cable did not appear to be broken anywhere) Next I just ordered a whole new gimbal since I was like a crack addict who just broke his pipe. That fixed the problem but now I have this whole extra gimbal assembly that I'm thinking I might still be able to salvage as a spare.

What else might have gotten messed up? Can I take the gimbal motors apart and replace anything in them?

No you cannot disassemble the gimbal motors.

If you replaced the gimbal cable flex and gimbal still is not calibrating then its one of two things. 1st the main gimbal board has gone bad due to crash or 2nd, one of the 3 gimbal motors has burned out part off due to crash.

Since you have replaced the gimbal I assume its the latter so just purchace the gimbal motor frame with motor flex and transfer the video flex and camera module over thereby having a complete gimbal arm assembly ready to use and go onto the flotation board.

I have noticed that when I turn the roll gimbal clockwise by hand it feels like it catches or jams up a bit just before reaching the limit. I don't know if that's normal but I'd guess probably not. It seems like the roll would be the least likely to get tweaked during a crash though since it doesn't have a big arm but it happened in active track behind me and I didn't even see it hit so who knows. From the marks I can tell it hit on the left side just behind the base of the arm. It was orbiting so flying sideways at the time of the crash.The camera came through it okay.

Anyway, thanks for the response, looks like there's not much I can do with it other than save the two new cables I put on and hope I never need them.

If you replaced the gimbal cable flex and gimbal still is not calibrating then its one of two things. 1st the main gimbal board has gone bad due to crash or 2nd, one of the 3 gimbal motors has burned out part off due to crash.

Since you have replaced the gimbal I assume its the latter so just purchace the gimbal motor frame with motor flex and transfer the video flex and camera module over thereby having a complete gimbal arm assembly ready to use and go onto the flotation board.

Hi Dragonfly,
I´ve had the same problem described, camera moving back and forth after an crash and the camera got very hot after restarting.
After trying and fixing the Mavic pro gave a lite smoke from front right, I then replaced the hole camera but I have the same error, camera flipping back and forth. I don't see this as an cable problem thou I switched cameras, and motors are working on the new replaced one. You talk about main gimbal board, is it the small on top of the gimbal? I asume it would not be even that after replaced the hole kit!? What other solutions do You see?? The MP is flying fine but with no camera there's no "flyingfiling".

Best Regards
Mats(SWE)

Hi, problem solved by changing gimbal flat cable. I have no clue why it was damaged.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom