DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What exactly is DJI Assistant 2 used for?

809UmUm

Reactions
I'm a total newbie at this, but as incredible as DJI's hardware is their documentation is about is about as far on the opposite side of the scale as it can be.

I've seen that the DJI Assistant can be used to download flight data for various uses, but is all that it does? I'm wondering if it can be used to review and download photos and videos to my pc similar to the Fly app?

After flying the batteries down to time to return home there's just not much juice left to review/download the files. I didn't pay enough attention today and when i finished reviewing my videos the battery was at 4%, which i understand is horrible for them.

Yeah, i know i could save time on the last battery for downloading, but I'd much rather use that juice for flying ;). I also know that I can pull the sd card and copy the files to the pc, but the Fly app provides good info like 48MB, HDR, etc. on the preview that's very useful and I'm wondering if there's another way to do it. And that's where I started wondering about the assistant app on the pc and if it would give me the best of both worlds.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I think this will explain it, I use it mainly to update RC and AC firmware
The process appears more fool proof than using DJI G04 app upgrade process
It also provides access to older versions of firmware if you have skipped some upgrades.

Last edited:
I agree with Iannes.
I connect the drone with the battery in it - to the pc with the usb cable, Then start the controller and the drone. Then open Assistant 2 and it will guide you through any and all firmware updates.

I think this will explain it, I use it mainly to update RC and AC firmware
The process appears more fool proof than using DJI G04 app upgrade process
It also provides access to older versions of firmware if you have skipped some upgrades.

Oops, I thought I'd replied to this. Thanks for the quick reply, this was very helpful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31