DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Happened to DJI Fly?

Greatsign1

Reactions
There appears to be a new screen for DJI Fly, and I can not figure out how to get to Go Fly. I am also unable to connect to my Air 2S. Is anyone else having this problem??

Attachments

• IMG_8016.PNG
    IMG_8016.PNG
    3.4 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8017.PNG
    IMG_8017.PNG
    133.9 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: kentdavidge
I have an iphone 13 pro and an RCN1 controller. I was able to get camera view by clicking on Connection Guide and then clicking on a small button on the top right hand of the screen that said camers view. At first the screen was black with no Satellites, then the screen flashed, connection error and then flashed again and I had a normal go fly camera view with Satellites with takeoff permitted. Another odd quirk is that the drone is just sitting on my table and the distance measurement just keeps increasing up to 10ft and now its decreasing, then increasing again. I found a firmware update and updated, but still acting crazy. Any idea of what is going on? I am really nervous to fly with these glitches.

I would re-install the app using the latest version available from DJI website. Judging from the prints, it looks like your phone is not detecting the controller for some reason. The downside of making a clean install is that you will lose your flight records.

I have an iphone 13 pro and an RCN1 controller. I was able to get camera view by clicking on Connection Guide and then clicking on a small button on the top right hand of the screen that said camers view. At first the screen was black with no Satellites, then the screen flashed, connection error and then flashed again and I had a normal go fly camera view with Satellites with takeoff permitted. Another odd quirk is that the drone is just sitting on my table and the distance measurement just keeps increasing up to 10ft and now its decreasing, then increasing again. I found a firmware update and updated, but still acting crazy. Any idea of what is going on? I am really nervous to fly with these glitches.
The fluctuating distance measurement with the drone at a static point is down to GPS creep. It happens with all GPS drones, usually it varies between +/-45' and 10'. This is coarse/acquisition GPS and is perfectly normal.

The connection error message will probably be as a result of a poor quality data cable feeding the phone from the controller and vice-versa, buy a good quality replacement OTG cable that supports fast charge and data transfer using USB3.

Thanks everyone, I tried erasing and reloading DJI Fly, it did not help. Today I ordered a new cable. Fingers crossed I hope that works. I forgot to mention that I brought the drone on a flight last week. Any possibility the electronics was damaged by airport security?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dr0nk3rt