DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens if... ?

CountryGuy

Reactions
Wondering what the impact would be if any one of these circumstances were to occur mid flight:
  1. The DJI Fly app crashes, or
  2. Your phone/tablet dies altogether, or
  3. Your controller is smashed to pieces when a group of irate anti-droners attacks you and smashes it with a sledge hammer

• Haha
Reactions: Rchawks
  1. Restart the app. My iphone 11 pro crashed and restarted while my M2P was taking hyperlapse photos today. I relaunched the GO app and continued to fly. No problem.
  2. Manually control the drone if you have good visual. Otherwise press the RTH button on the controller. Buy a new phone.
  3. Wait for the drone to execute RTH due to loss of uplink signals. Pray and defend yourself while waiting.

Reactions: dawgpilot
The DJI Fly app crashes
Nothing will happen - you have still control of the AC. Fly home manually (because you have VLOS)

Your phone/tablet dies altogether
you have still control of the AC. Fly home manually (because you have VLOS)

Your controller is smashed to pieces
Wait for the AC to RTH.

when a group of irate anti-droners attacks you and smashes it with a sledge hammer
call 911 and report you are being assaulted.

Kind of difficult as the phone is likely smashed as well
Likely - but he OP stated: Your controller is smashed to pieces

Assuming you have setup RTH it will just fly back and land or hover. Its all in the manual.

Ah, of course. Loss of signal = RTH. I should have realized that. The "smarts" are in the MA2.
And to think I actually do read the manual as well as watch way too many video "reviews". :rolleyes:

Appreciate the input.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
I've had my tablet die on me mid flight zero battery. pressed return to home and it did.

YAY

1. Nothing will happen u will still have RC control and if you are not confident in flting back without the aid of device hit rth.

2. Again just fly back los or WAIT for rth.

3. Kick *** and take names later. Pickup up smashed bits of remote give her the ole spit shine and a little duct tape.....back in business...

in all seriousness if that were to happen try to defend yourself and call the po po.:)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000