DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the easiest way to transfer your files to my customer?

Jt#74

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro 2 and was wondering what people are using to get Video files or picture files to your customers? I’m not real computer savvy. I was thinking google pictures or videos. Or even drop box. The files are to big to just email. Thanks in advance!

I have a Mavic Pro 2 and was wondering what people are using to get Video files or picture files to your customers? I’m not real computer savvy. I was thinking google pictures or videos. Or even drop box. The files are to big to just email. Thanks in advance!
I mostly use WeTransfer.com to transfer my files. You can transfer up to 2 GB for free and the files are automatically deleted after 7 days. (You can change or deactivate this limit when you choose a paid plan)

There are two ways to transfer:

1 - Mail via the service itself
Fill in your and your client‘s email and add a message if you want. The upload starts and you and your client will get an email upon completion. After the data was downloaded, you get an email that states that (what I find very useful) or an email if it wasn’t downloaded and the link expires shortly

2 - Generate just a link
Upload your data and paste the generated link in your email. You won’t get reminders at all and lose some „control“ in that way.

What I really like about the service is that it is free, very simple and does not affect my mail storage or any cloud storage.

If you want to keep your uploads after transfer, or want longer download availability, WeTransfer wants money and of course there are other, cheaper or free cloud services.

But if you want a simple, „fire and forget“ solution, WeTransfer works really nicely, at least for me

Cloud storage from the big boys is definitely the easiest way.

If you're doing it professionally it looks better if you setup your own cloud, that has your name or company; but that's just my opinion.

I have used google drive some, but also I have bought 16gb usb 3 drives and just give them that. You can get 5 for around $30 on amazon.

Reactions: razoraerial
There is also Firefox Send, which allows you to send files up to 2.5 GB apiece and stored for up to 7 days.

For the Microsoft Office 365 users, 1 TB OneDrive is included in the subscription. I set up a shared folder and send the link to it to the Customer. Since videos tend to be quite large, 1 Terabyte covers several without any issues.

Dropbox, Box and several other cloud storage companies exist as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada