DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is your "new drone" purchase policy?

Former Member

Reactions
I'm just wondering how everyone goes about buying a new drone. Do you 1st sell your old equipment and then upgrade? Do you buy the new one, make sure you like it and then sell the old one? Do you buy a new one and then keep both the old and new ones? Any other methods?

Many of my friends will sell their old equipment before buying anything new. Unfortunately I'm in the camp of those that buy a new one and keep the old one as well.

My wife is pretty cool about me buying new drones. She only complains when they spill out from my man cave drone room into other areas of the house.

How do you go about new drone purchases?

I bought a DJI FC40 in December 2014 then a Phantom 3 Pro in September 2015. I then bought a Phantom 4 and sold the FC40 and P3P. When the new Phantom 4 Pro + was released, I decided to buy that too. I now own the Phantom 4, the P4P+, the Mavic Pro, the Spark and now the Mavic 2 Pro. I am spoiled for choice but I find I tend to use the Spark and the Mavics more than I do the Phantoms. Like Thunderdrones, I too have an understanding wife!!

Reactions: Former Member
i still have my original potensic 181 from 2 years ago then theres my x16 x21 my p3s and finally my mpp the biggest problem is finding the time and weather cons to fly them then theres my small syma x15 but thats for indoors when i cant fly outside my mancave still has some room in it so i havent ruled out some more purchases but dont tell my wife its our secret

It depends if they are to serve complimentary purposes. I had the MA and I’m keeping it even though I now have the M2P. If say the M3 came out I’d look to move the M2P on.

I’m about to embark on learning fixed wings. God only knows where that will lead :)

Bought a phantom 2 vision a few years back then upgraded to a Inspire 1. Loved both crafts but found the Inspire a bit to big for my needs. I loved the look of the M2P so bought that 1st then sold my inspire. Still got my phantom, batteries are knackered but I’ll be keeping it just because it’s not worth selling it.

Oh yes just remembered... got a little micro drone which I fly about the house just to peee the wife off;);) especially when she’s watching one of her programs on tv, just hover it in front of the tv screen;););)

Bought a phantom 2 vision a few years back then upgraded to a Inspire 1. Loved both crafts but found the Inspire a bit to big for my needs. I loved the look of the M2P so bought that 1st then sold my inspire. Still got my phantom, batteries are knackered but I’ll be keeping it just because it’s not worth selling it.

Oh yes just remembered... got a little micro drone which I fly about the house just to peee the wife off;);) especially when she’s watching one of her programs on tv, just hover it in front of the tv screen;););)

Believe it or not, P2V's still get some good money.

Reactions: Porky
My new drone policy so far is: crash Phantom 4 beyond repair (a few times - learning!), do research and get M2P......keeping my fingers crossed!!! [emoji106]

Reactions: Former Member
Mine is buyem cheap stackem deep.. (and print one or two every once in a while) Jokes aside I usually keep the old drones (non DJI) as they are not worth anything near what was paid for them... I would rather fly them until crash or gift them...
qx9MfOy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair