DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whats the BEST way to CLEAN Mavic 3 Lense????

starduzt

Reactions
How should i clean the lense along with ND Filters without ending up scratching them....
I am new to drone Cleaning stuffs.....
Things i should not do....

Since flow drone for some times i can see some dust inside lense of mavic 3(i meant Front Part)
also should i clean lense which is INSIDE??? i am little afrid to touch the expensive OPTICS.....

Some Expert suggest the Best Method to Clean So the Optics stay Unscratched or damaged...

IMGG.jpeg

Last edited:
You can try some compressed air first. If that does not remove all the stuff on the lens then I would try some lens wipes. You can buy both of them on Amazon.

You can try some compressed air first. If that does not remove all the stuff on the lens then I would try some lens wipes. You can buy both of them on Amazon.
can i get these wipes is it safe to use????

Attachments

• 71S-CncTpNL._SL1500_.jpg
    71S-CncTpNL._SL1500_.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 10
Never start by wiping dusty lens with something.
Dust can and likely contains quartz, which is very had material.
In fact it's harder than most metals and would you touch lenses with something made of metal?

Always use non-contact methods like blower first and preferably as only cleaning.
One or two remaining small dust particles don't really affect image compared to if you scratch the lens.

Never start by wiping dusty lens with something.
Dust can and likely contains quartz, which is very had material.
In fact it's harder than most metals and would you touch lenses with something made of metal?

Always use non-contact methods like blower first and preferably as only cleaning.
One or two remaining small dust particles don't really affect image compared to if you scratch the lens.
thats a great tip...and scientifically accurate But some dust doesn't comes even after we blow air

Last edited:
Reactions: GuyAdams
Personally I would not use compressed air on any photographic lens as it can leave a residue. Most photo shops have blower bulbs that you squeeze and they gently blow air over the lens to displace any dust. If there is still some stubborn dust remaining you can use a LensPen also easily available at photo shops. It has a retractable brush at one end and a microfibre tip at the other to remove any stubborn particles or small finger prints.

I rarely wipe any of my lenses with a cloth because as another poster said above dust particles can scratch a lens.

Filters can be replaced relatively cheaply, but the lens on the Mavic 3 camera would be an expensive replacement if it were scratched.

Chris

Personally I would not use compressed air on any photographic lens as it can leave a residue. Most photo shops have blower bulbs that you squeeze and they gently blow air over the lens to displace any dust. If there is still some stubborn dust remaining you can use a LensPen also easily available at photo shops. It has a retractable brush at one end and a microfibre tip at the other to remove any stubborn particles or small finger prints.

I rarely wipe any of my lenses with a cloth because as another poster said above dust particles can scratch a lens.

Filters can be replaced relatively cheaply, but the lens on the Mavic 3 camera would be an expensive replacement if it were scratched.

Chris
thanks for your Reply :)

If you're using puffer bulb with paintbrush-like filaments, resist the temptation to flick the brush over your fingertips. And never let anyone else handle the puffer. For some reason people love to brush their fingertips and it leads to skin oils on brush. (A tip from a Nikon rep in a photo course 30 years ago.)

If you're using puffer bulb with paintbrush-like filaments, resist the temptation to flick the brush over your fingertips. And never let anyone else handle the puffer. For some reason people love to brush their fingertips and it leads to skin oils on brush. (A tip from a Nikon rep in a photo course 30 years ago.)
thats a Master tip from 30 years pro :)..Thanks for the reply

I see particles on my drones front filter lens after every drone flight that are stuck to the front lens that no blower can remove so I use a microfiber cloth with a lens cleaning fluid diluted with distilled water and since it's just a filter I clean it after every flight and don't see any issues getting any scratches as I hold the camera up to light at an angle so I can see how clear the filter really is.... I bet very few do what I do.

Reactions: starduzt
I see particles on my drones front filter lens after every drone flight that are stuck to the front lens that no blower can remove so I use a microfiber cloth with a lens cleaning fluid diluted with distilled water and since it's just a filter I clean it after every flight and don't see any issues getting any scratches as I hold the camera up to light at an angle so I can see how clear the filter really is.... I bet very few do what I do.
any paricular reason for distilled water???Thanks for the reply

any paricular reason for distilled water???Thanks for the reply
Distilled water has no microscopic mineral particulates suspended in it, just pure H2O.

Even bottled water marketed as 'pure' drinking water, 'pure spring water', or even filtered water has minerals and other particulates suspended in it.

Reactions: starduzt
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121