is there any difference?
Micro USB to Micro USB OTG Cable
or just a micro usb to micro usb
will either work for a spark?

is there any difference?
Micro USB to Micro USB OTG Cable
or just a micro usb to micro usb
will either work for a spark?

Some normal usb to micro usb cords will not transmit data and will only allow charging, however most cheap cords still do. Just try it to see if it works

Micro USB OTG is an interface to get data - like from a card reader - into a portable device - like a tablet or phone. OTG stands for On The Go. Typical USB data cables go from the portable device (as a client) to another device (like a PC, as a host). The OTG interface turns what is typically a data client into a data host. I'm not sure what the interface looks like. I think it has an extra wire in the cable that is recognized as OTG by software (on the host). Unless you're specifically trying to move data off the Air and onto your portable thing just stick with a normal data-grade USB cable and as @lannes "Just try it to see if it works."

What are you trying to connect? Your Spark to your PC? Your Spark RC to your smartphone/tablet?

To answer your question without knowing what you're trying to do, the only physical difference is that in 'normal' USB cables (e.g. Type-A to Micro-B) the 'ID' pin* on the Micro-B is ignored, in OTG cables (e.g. Micro-A to Micro-B) it is grounded on one end and left floating on the other - this determines which device is initially host/client. I just can't imagine a scenario where a cable is terminated with two Micro USB connectors and that NOT be an OTG cable. It's my guess that they are both the same.

*note there is no 'ID' wire connected to this pin, USB cables only have 4 wires (VDD, GND, D+ & D-) but Micro USB connectors have 5 pins.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico