DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's up there??

MA2 317

Spark 2017- 2021 MA2 2020 - ??
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Have you looked up at the sky at night and wonder what's up there?

For those that may have an interest in the objects floating around our planet, there's an app for that.

I have observed the ISS, Tiangong, and the secretive X-37 space plane, along with other things floating around the planet with this app.

You can set alerts on the app and you won't miss a time window of observation.

The Starlink satellites from Space-X we're a treat to see last week. :)

My wife commented that it looked like Santa Claus and his sleigh of reindeer cruising across the night sky.

Space X has recently launched another batch of 52 starlink satellites into space. (18-Dec-2021).

They are easy to see after a new launch, but as they travel further apart and higher into orbit, they are hard to see.

If you've haven't seen them, it's pretty cool. ☮️

Last edited:
15 years ago while camping under a starlit sky I observed something that our current technologies can't do. I was just looking for shooting stars and satellites and I noticed one that at first I thought was a satellite. Once it began to zig zag across the sky I knew it wasn't one of "ours". Making right angle turns while moving at somewhere around 17,000 mph isn't within our capabilities. I pointed it out to my GF at the time and she confirmed what I was observing. Pretty cool and humbling. We are not alone....

Reactions: Rchawks and MA2 317
While camping in the mountains in 1978 we seen the same impossible light show. I told my friends, you know one will believe us if we tell them what we just saw 😳

Reactions: MA2 317
While camping in the mountains in 1978 we seen the same impossible light show. I told my friends, you know one will believe us if we tell them what we just saw 😳
Why wouldn't they believe you? (just my opinion) Thinking that were are alone in the cosmos is the height of arrogance. Taking it another step farther, we only perceive a tiny slice of reality yet we delude ourselves into thinking that our perception of it is all encompassing. We "miss" more than what we "see".....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78