DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where can I fly my new Drone? -Westchester County, NY

djphelan

Reactions
So my wife just got me a Mavic Mini for our anniversary and I started excitedly putting it together. However, upon more research it's seeming very difficult to find places to actually fly it. NO WHERE in New York City. No State Parks or even county or local parks from what I can tell. I've spent three hours trying to determine where I can legally fly this thing and quickly getting disheartened.

Also just read that a county near me, Rockland, has basically outlawed them from taking off anywhere other than your own private property. Leery about making an investment of time and resources for something that I can rarely use. HELP.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

So my wife just got me a Mavic Mini for our anniversary and I started excitedly putting it together. However, upon more research it's seeming very difficult to find places to actually fly it. NO WHERE in New York City. No State Parks or even county or local parks from what I can tell. I've spent three hours trying to determine where I can legally fly this thing and quickly getting disheartened.

Also just read that a county near me, Rockland, has basically outlawed them from taking off anywhere other than your own private property. Leery about making an investment of time and resources for something that I can rarely use. HELP.

Shortcut to Webster area of suggested above: Rochester/Webster - NY

Things ain't looking good from this link: Flying Drones in NYC – Drone Laws Explained - Drone U™
Tell your wife to return the Mini and get a hacked MP1.....Just kidding :p

Attachments

• NY.jpg
    NY.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 14
  • NYW.jpg
    NYW.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. You will find much support and assistance here. We look forward to your contributions and your view of the world.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

So, I live in Connecticut, I own 2-drones, and it is Legal to fly here in this state, as long as you fly responsibly in the Parks. You can't fly on state land or at Beaches. I fly a lot from Byram Park exit 2 off i95, Grass island Dog Park Exit 3 and Bruce Park Exit 4. Good Luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78