DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which is best choice ??

Anglosaxon

Reactions
I have been wanting to dip my toes into the drone market (in the UK) for a while and santa has given me some pennies to allow me to do so.

My main 'wish' requirement is for a tracking feature to allow me to film myself and friends when riding our off road motorbikes and the best unit for this would seem to be the Mavic Air 2.

The main concern for me with this unit is the upcoming regulations which would appear to make it restrictive to use the MA2 unless I spend a small fortune getting certification (finite lifespan as well !!).

The other option is the Mini 2 which would appear to take me out of the grip of regulation (to a lesser degree).

Having seen the active track work on the Mini 1 with 'Litchi' software, would this be a better route for me to take please ?? If so, when will 'Litchi' support the Mini 2 (I believe there is a beta now for the MA2 so would hope fairly soon ??)

TIA, Paul

there will be a two year transitional period till end Dec 2022,for you to be able to fly the MA2 ,the Mini2 is subject to less restrictions ,and rules ,but does not have the same level of sensors to prevent it hitting objects ,during flight

Reactions: Anglosaxon
If the tracking feature is you major use, you might want to look at some Youtube videos comparing the Mavic Air2 with the Skydio, I have a MA2 and love it. I have worked with the tracking version some. It does fine following my Jeep from behind me in Trace mode. I have had less luck maintaining the Parallel mode. It seems like it reverts to just following me from behind instead of following along the side. All this said, I am a bit of a novice so with practice you might get better results.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas