DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Mavic 3 model to go from Mavic 2 Pro and smart controller?

If you are unaware of other real-life or lab comparison of image quality between M2P and M3, then how are you reject the findings of this reasonably well-done comparison?
I don't see anything in that pixel-peeping exercise that relates to using the cameras to create actual images.
And I don't see anything that makes it clear that the Mavic 2 is superior to the Mavic 3 for creating images.

Last edited:
I don't see anything in that pixel-peeping exercise that relates to using the cameras to create actual images.
And I don't see anything that makes it clear that the Mavic 2 is superior to the Mavic 3 for creating images.
it is an objective measurement of the ability of capturing details.

it is an objective measurement of the ability of capturing details.
It's not.
It was a look at what are the worst settings to use.
It had nothing abouthow good either camera is.at the kind of settings you would actually use the camera.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Here's my take on it all.

If I was making my choice now, I would still go with the Mavic 3 and here in Canada there is no option to get the refurbished Mavic 3 from DJI or an approved reseller. Why? Because it provides options and creative potential everytime I am up in the air. To me the price differential is worth it. I often don't think people understand importance of having TWO cameras on one drone. I find the 7X optical Tele lens very useful and even though I don't often use images from the digital zoom, I find it very useful for exploring.

In a way the same sort of complaints have happened with the Mini 3 Pro vertical shooting mode - many people have complained about its usefulness but here again it provides options and creative potential that didn't exist before.

With regard to the Smart controller, I am not sure if the OP is referring to the new DJI RC with built in screen or the RC Pro. Here again there are options. I have the RC Pro and although it is expensive, I love mine. It is fast, bright and has the ability to load additional apps which the lower end DJI RC doesn't have. In addition many people who have the lower end RC seem to have to buy a screen shade to help with seeing the screen in bright conditions.

Regardless, good luck with your decision whatever it may be.

Chris
I bought the Mavic3 Classic and ala carte bought the RC PRO. The RCPRO makes life easier and it simply is more powerful it seems. No hiccups with using it for Mavic Classic. I was able to buy the Mavic Classic without the "standard RC."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake