DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which propeller I have to change?

Dubovac

Reactions
I received the message 'propellers turning too fast' on my Mavic Mini1. I received the answer on this forum that propeller(s) is deformed, thank you. In the meantime I also received new propellers.
When the drone lands it bleeps, propellers are twiching and it displays ESC error. I surfed about it and found out that I have to change the faulty propeller. Fine, but my problem now is that I don't know which propeller to change. I know I can change all of them all, sure, but I would like to know exactly which propellers are deformed.

Today I made a few short flights indoors and received a notice to download the latest firmware version so I did that. Now I don't get 'propellers are turning too fast' warning even though propellers were not changed yet. I am confused

I received the message 'propellers turning too fast' on my Mavic Mini1. I received the answer on this forum that propeller(s) is deformed, thank you. In the meantime I also received new propellers.
When the drone lands it bleeps, propellers are twiching and it displays ESC error. I surfed about it and found out that I have to change the faulty propeller. Fine, but my problem now is that I don't know which propeller to change. I know I can change all of them all, sure, but I would like to know exactly which propellers are deformed.

Today I made a few short flights indoors and received a notice to download the latest firmware version so I did that. Now I don't get 'propellers are turning too fast' warning even though propellers were not changed yet. I am confused
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
The props that were twitching when the error occurred are the ones you that have to change. The aircraft is telling you which ones are faulty.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
I think the twitch tells you something but I can't remember which way it works lol. ..........

But it you go to
and follow the instructions there you will find a folder containing the .txt flight logs, the name of the logs start "DJIFli"............
In that folder you should see a folder named "MCDatFlightRecords". In the MCDatFlightRecords folder, and if you do not sync your logs with DJI, you should find another set of flight logs with names that are just date and time stamps +FLYxyz e.g. 2023-01-12_14-55-44_FLY123 or 23-01-12-14-55-44_FLY123, the -_ may be different.
These are .DAT flightlogs and contain more technical details that the .txt flightlogs.
The timestamps in the names of the DAT flight logs will generally precede the timestamps in the corresponding .txt flight log. If you upload a relevant DAT to a file hosting site, make the file 'public' and post its address here, someone may look at the log for you with CsvView CsvView Downloads
Alternatively if you are on a windows computer, download csvview for yourself and use it to open the DAT and look at the motor speeds.
The attached is a plot for the motor speeds in an indoor hover, I was just checking if App ver 1.9 still produces readable DATS

Attachments

• mini 1 App 1.9.0 test.png
    mini 1 App 1.9.0 test.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 12

If it was me I would just put on a new set. To me just changing 1 blade is like just fixing one ball joint on my truck and not both if
you get me. Then you will be sure your good. Just what I would do 🤷‍♂️
Its not like they are high.
Edit. Sorry Pud i didn’t see your post.

When that happened to me I came to the conclusion that one or both of the propellers on the top during storage had got a bit bent while in the Mini Fly More case, so I pulled them up a bit and took off again. They have been absolutely fine ever since.

When the drone lands it bleeps, propellers are twiching and it displays ESC error. [...] I don't know which propeller to change.
Change both blades on the motor that is twitching. Here's an example of the left-rear motor twitching.

Also check the comments posted on this video and read the forum posts linked for an explanation of what might be causing the blades to be deformed.

I don't know why, but it's usually that left-rear prop that has the problem. I replaced mine a couple of times after seeing that error, but then I started giving those props a good quarter-turn counterclockwise twist before flying, so the tip isn't quite so flat, and I've never had the problem again. I think the problem is that the plastic used is too flimsy.

Reactions: Brian I
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851